• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Introducing Facebook Connect

Rate this topic

Jason

A new feature available is Facebook Connect. It allows you to login to CruiseCrazies with your Facebook account and synchronize specific elements within your profile - So if you update your Facebook profile, your CruiseCrazies profile and/or avatar can be automatically updated for your convenience. Status updates on CruiseCrazies and Facebook can be synched in both directions, etc. Facebook Connect helps streamline your online social presence so you don't have to update your profile, status updates, picture, etc in several places, and helps keep your account updated easier. Here are all the options available when setting it up:

Facebook to Forum Account Synchronization Options

• Update my Profile Picture with my Facebook picture
  • Update my Avatar with my Facebook picture
  • Update my Facebook Status with my Forum status (Export your status)
  • Update my Forum Status with my Facebook status (Import a status)
  • Update my "About Me" with my Facebook "About Me"

In order to use this feature you'll need to enable it via your Account Settings. The below is a guide on how to set it up:

1. Go to your Account Settings: http://www.cruisecra...e&module=usercp

2. Click the "Profile" tab, then "Manage Facebook Connect." Direct link: http://www.cruisecra...s&area=facebook

post-63760-0-16098700-1295213498_thumb.p

3. After clicking the "Login with Facebook" button, you'll be prompted to Allow the specific permissions needed.

post-63760-0-63743900-1295214480_thumb.p

4. Once Allowed, your synchronization options will be available to you.

post-63760-0-40543800-1295214471_thumb.p

5. Check off the options you wish to enable, click the "Synchronize Now" button and that's it! Your Facebook and CruiseCrazies accounts are now linked! You can also de-link your accounts and modify your synchronization options at any time. Enjoy! biggrin.gif