• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - FOS Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Rate this topic

KeithnRita

Wow. Really sorry to hear of your bad time. I too was once approached by a waitress on Princess in the buffet DR and "told" how to fill out the survey. When I told her it was our decision she sort of gave me an mt'd head smile and moved on to the next table and did the same thing. However this was one person and it seems the bad sx. was shown by many. What a shame. thumbdown.gif Did you write RCI about this?

• 5 months later...

Thanks so much for the review. Whether it is good or bad, we are definitely glad that you shared with all of us. We understand about the BIG ships. That is one reason why we stick with Holland America quite a bit... they are smaller... not crowded... easy to get around... food is usually quite good... entertainment is good. We would like to try one of the Celebrity ships... but maybe one of their "smaller" ones.

BTW I read on another cruise web site that per a recently posted readers poll the FOS ranked near the top for mega ships. In fact it was 1/10th of a point from the top. I would like to think that the problems you encountered have been corrected and then some! Its just too bad you had this woeful time. sad.gif

Thanks for the review, Keith...so sorry that all didn't go well. I really appreciate hearing the bad, along with the good. I don't think the really big ships are for me either. Love the picture!!!

Hello Keith, I just reread your review on the FOS, we will be cruising on her this coming October,

and this will be the Largest ship we sail on, we are going to try a bigger ship and see what it's like.

We prefer the size of a medium or smaller ship also. Thanks for the review!!

scalise12 :cool2:

Hello Keith, I just reread your review on the FOS, we will be cruising on her this coming October,

and this will be the Largest ship we sail on, we are going to try a bigger ship and see what it's like.

We certainly hope you have a great cruise. In spite of the short coming we encountered we still had a great time. With what Larry posted there is no doubt that the larger ships are very popular.

We certainly hope you have a great cruise. In spite of the short coming we encountered we still had a great time. With what Larry posted there is no doubt that the larger ships are very popular.

Indeed they are but of course they are not for everybody. We once cruised on the Tahitian (now Ocean) Princess which is small. It holds 700 passengers and is about only 32k tons and I can see the allure. Its more intimate. You see the same people more often and for us it had the best food. i wonder if its b/c its being prepared for so many less passengers than the mega ships. its laid back style was perfect for the cruise we were on, French Polynesia.

The downside is that you feel the ship more in rough seas so cabin selection is especially important on a ship of this size. smile.gif