• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Serious Help!!

Rate this topic

YulzBorgia

3 big questions in one day for me xD

However this is the most important one to me. If anyone on here can help me it would be really appreciated.

My cruise is pretty much 25 days again and im trying to at least drop 15 pounds but cruise time.

If not 15, i really want to flatten my 'muffin' stomach for my bathing suit.

Any advice or tips PLEASE share them. i'm becoming painfully desprate.

Thank you so much!!

I am a certified personal trainer and group instructor. I have been in the exercise industry since the 80's. There is no secret to losing weight other than healthy diet and healthy exercise.

It is commendable that you want to lose some weight and be healthy. Realize that the slower you take the weight off, the more successful you will be in keeping it off. With that being said, weight watchers advocates a 1-2 lb loss each week. Pretty much anything more than that is water weight.

As we age, our hormones change. As our hormones change, so does our body composition. What use to be up is now sagging down. (chins, arms, boobs, bellies, butts, thighs, etc.)

The foods to limit and/or avoid are the ones that have no nutritional value (and hence, lots of calories). Alcohol, starchy veggies, fat on meat, skin on poultry, junk food, candy, etc., etc.

Walking is about the best exercise any of us can and should do. It is a total weight bearing exercise which also helps promote strong bones. If you are new to exercise, I would suggest walking for 10 minutes anywhere from 3-6 times a day. When you break up the hour of exercise, it really becomes more enjoyable. You need to walk at a pace where it is difficult to hold a conversation, but not so difficult that you cannot sign out loud. (in other words, the leisure stroll in and out of stores is not considered exercise!)

If there is a pool available to you, then standing prone and running back and forth in the pool (make sure you strike full foot or your calves will kill you) is the next best exercise. The current of the pool creates up to 1500 lbs of resistance. The speed that you "run" isn't very fast compared to land and should be about 1/12th the speed of land. Again, easy enough to sing out loud but not so easy to carry on a conversation.

I did have one doctor explain to me that if you cut out "white food" meaning white bread, white fat (beef, pork) and white potatoes, you will feel better and start losing weight. He was not saying NO to bread, beef, pork or potatoes. He was saying no to the white.

Changing eating habits takes a long time. Start slowly. Whatever small change you can make will soon become permanent and then you can move on to the next change.

Please do not make all of the changes at once. You will get very frustrated and give up. That is what happens with dieting. Weight watchers teaches us how to make choices. That is what eating should be about.

Okay. now the "serious help" question. I hear you when you say "you want to look good in your bathing suit". I know how miserable we are when we "feel fat". Look for a bathing suit style that flatters your figure. Tankini's come in all kinds of options. Instead of focusing on "your muffin top", focus on the body parts you like. A high cut leg will make your legs look longer and slimmer. A suit that crosses at the waist on one side will make your look slimmer in the mid section, etc., etc. Go to a high end bathing suit store and try on different styles. Find the style that you like. Then go to the store that you can afford and buy that style.

Have a blast on your cruise.

Well if it at all assists you in more detail

i'm 18 to be 19 in march

over 160

female

i do walk to and from college everyday and now with us finally getting snow it takes much longer and its about -1 or 30-ish degrees where i am near lake Ontario.

i also do have access to my college gym and started three today for 45 min on the bike as a start for me.

i do thank you for your help though :))

Well if it at all assists you in more detail

i'm 18 to be 19 in march

over 160

female

i do walk to and from college everyday and now with us finally getting snow it takes much longer and its about -1 or 30-ish degrees where i am near lake Ontario.

i also do have access to my college gym and started three today for 45 min on the bike as a start for me.

i do thank you for your help though :))

Get the flu

You wont want to eat for a week

Maybe you can make it last for 20 days

Thus most of your water weight will be gone.

Once you get on the ship its up to you to keep it off but avoid the following....Bar, dinner, lunch breakfast.....and room service

If you find the answer let me know I would love to drop 100 lbs in 365 days

It is very heartwarming to read that you are venturing on your health at an early age. This is a path that will follow you forever.

It took awhile for the weight to come on; it will take awhile for it to come off.

I love that you use the gym at your university. If you find that the bike gets boring, mix it up. Walk on the treadmill for about a mile (20 min max); then ride the bike for 3-4 miles. That should give you a nice aerobic challenge.

See if anyone there will introduce you to the proper method of using the machines and free weights. Are there any classes on weight training offered? Find something that caters to your timeframe and the fact that you are new to this. Nothing is more frustrating than being in a class where everyone knows the step before the teaching even cues it!

I love that you are walking to classes, even in the snow. Snow is just like water in that it will add extra resistance.

If you can aim for 1-2 lbs of weight loss a week, I think you will become very satisfied in the long run. As I posted above, anything more than that and you are guaranteed to put it back on.

Keep posting.

Thanks for that :)).

Hopefully it will so the trick.

The flu thing not so much hahaha

Also the weight actually came on pretty fast. I was doing military work in the summe and dropped 10. Went down to about 140 since end of august I put it all on.

The problem is I do come from a very European family so food is in lard quatities and oh soo good. Basically I love to eat too. Ive been loweringy food consumption though so hopefully I can keep it that way. I have always been a brutal fast food junky I must say.

However I feel as if most of the weight is infact water weight.

And if I can hit even 155 by the cruise or even just flatten my stomach a bit so that bathing suit wise I'll be very happy ;)

I, too, love to eat. I think it's about choices and what we decide to "load up on". One "trick" that I came up with for a client a number of years ago really worked for her. Eat what you would for dinner at breakfast. The assumption is the large meal is at the beginning of the day where you have more time to burn it off. Then, eat what you would for breakfast at dinner. Another weight watcher caution is NO DAIRY after noon. DAIRY is the hardest food to digest. If you are in the habit of consuming it (ice cream, milk, cheese) in the evening, your body is working over time just to digest the dairy. The remaining food that you eat just sits and ferments.

Be careful that you don't lower your consumption too much. You want to eat realistically. Your plate should be full of colors and not "yellow" (i.e., french fries, mac "n cheese)

Hello Friends..........

I am here for a query about Cruising..............

I want to know what is best Cruise travel if i want to travel from Spain To Caribbean .I don't have any cruising experience more over this will me my first time.The one thing i also want to know that I have to travel with my family and eager to know about some tips which help me travel with my 3 year old kid.Please sort out my query such that i get a good info about my future Cruise Travel.

With regards

Will Turner.

For more travel aspects of Africa visit Travel Advice and Africa Travel Advice

Shouldve mada a separate thread for this. But, most ships that activities for children around 3 and up. So you could sign them up for that. Then all you have to do is drop them off at certain times and pick them up at certain times. Still not a hundred percent sure about 3 year olds but again it depends on the ship.