• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Any new members want to introduce yourselves???

Rate this topic

• 2 months later...

Hello...

My wife, Cheryl, and I love cruising. We will be cruising on the Norwegian Sun in February 2014. This will be our second straight Caribbean cruise on this ship and can't wait! This will be my wife's 11th cruise and my 10th. Our future plans have us going to Sandals in March 2014, my retirement in July 2014, and another cruise on the Norwegian Pearl in Febraury 2015. This will defintely be a very fun year. :smile:

Welcome, Tom! We're glad to have you here. Sounds like you've got some great cruise and travel plans in the works, and congratulations on your retirement. I look forward to hearing all about them. In the meantime, I hope you'll be a frequent visitor here!

• 3 weeks later...
Hello All

I'm a new member and a virgin cruiser until this friday on carnival splendor cruise!

Any suggestion for preparing myself?

Welcome and congratulations on your first cruise! Just a few things that come to mind:

Review the deck plan before you board - you'll be that much ahead when you arrive.

Don't overpack - and save room for the stuff you'll bring home.

Make sure you pack your important stuff - boarding pass, ID, medications - in your carry on bag, and anything else you may need if your luggage is delayed getting to your cabin.

Check out my Tuesday Travel Tips for lots more great cruising advice.

Relax and have fun!

Tell us all about your cruise when you return!

I remember our first cruise and my thought process of having to pack a separate outfit for morning, afternoon, night, and after dinner. NOT TRUE. I think I wore pretty much the same bathing suit and cover up except for when we were eating meals (too cold to be so scantly clad). As for dinner attire, I found that the same bottoms (skirt or pants) with different tops works perfectly fine. My thought process was, Jerry wears the same pants and shirt at dinner for more than one night, why can't I?

Shoes are the tricky part. Wear the sneakers on the plane. Pack the sandals and the ONE pair of dress shoes. Honestly, you do not want to be teetering around in the high heeled shoes all night long. Comfy is my motto!

Have a blast!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Just joined this group tonight. My name is Sandy, my husband's name is Ken. We're going on our second cruise on March 8 2014. We'll be on the carnival dream. Last year in February we went on our first cruise on Carnival Liberty. We really enjoyed ourselves. Now I'm going to look around the boards and see what's up. Forgot to mention that we are from Niagara Falls Ontario. Hoping to make a lot of new friends.