• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Journals

Rate this topic

rogue

Who keeps a journal of your cruise? Do you do it for every cruise? What do you do with it after the cruise? I have always had good intentions of keeping a journal, but the cruise always seems to get in he way. Maybe next time.

I do keep a cruise journal... guess I would call it a "Vacation Journal".

I just keep adding to the pages every time we go on a vacation. I am an early riser and usually do my journaling early in the morning while DH is still sleeping. I usually go up to the WindJammer for coffee and bring it down to our room and write. I include things like our flights... we don't live very close to any port... unfortunately... various dinner menus, excursions, embarkation, disembarkation, ports, etc. My sister does the same thing.. I guess it runs in the family!

Edited by 1shipshape

I have a photo album/scrapbook for every cruise. All of the "caper papers" and information about the ports is in it. I'm still working on our November 2010 book because I have to get the insert sheets for the misc papers that I picked up.

Every once in awhile I refer to the books for port/excursion ideas.

I think there was one cruise where I never took any pictures. It must have been when we were signed up for the Eastern Caribbean and we had to go Western because of a hurricane and we had just been to those exact ports earlier in the year.

No cruise journal for me either. We have a travel journal which I post to about our meanderings around the USA in our RV plus it is peppered with safari's to South Africa. I usually scrapbook a couple of pages of each cruise, picking out the highlights and best pictures.