• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - Spring Break on the Enchantment

Rate this topic

cruisetarp

All I can say is "You are ULTRA brave" cruising during Spring break. That's always the worst nightmare for us. I know you had a great time with the family though and after all that is what is important, right?

All I can say is "You are ULTRA brave" cruising during Spring break. That's always the worst nightmare for us. I know you had a great time with the family though and after all that is what is important, right?

You are right Jackie - We knew it was spring break going into this. It was spring break or nothing. The memories we made on this trip were well worth the small inconveniences.

We've been considering looking at Baltimore for a cruise. We could probably drive there in about 10 hours. After reading your review, Baltimore is out for us.

Glad you and your family had a great cruise despite some minor glitches

We've been considering looking at Baltimore for a cruise. We could probably drive there in about 10 hours. After reading your review, Baltimore is out for us.

Glad you and your family had a great cruise despite some minor glitches

Keith - I don't know if this was because of the storm or what the problem was. I don't even know if this is the norm for that port. I just know it discouraged me from sailing from there again.

I forgot to add it into my review but disembarking went much better. We had #1 priority departure and they said we would be off around 8:15 to 8:30. They didn't call us off til 8:45 but we then zipped right through customs, got our luggage and was in our car within 10 minutes.

Great review, Mary Lou! So sorry about the troubles, the weather, and having to skip Coco Kay, but happy that you still had a good cruise and made many happy memories.

Edited by Shari2

thanks for the review, MaryLou. We're sailing out of Baltimore in January with Carnival. Hopefully, they have a better system or make improvements. Maybe it was the weather that caused the problems, because I had seen other reviews that had far less problems. . I'm glad that you enjoyed the cruise, otherwise.

Thanks for all the news about the Enchantment and Baltimore. My sister and her DH were on it for a Panama Canal cruise recently and didn't have too much to say about it. My BIL is a gourmet cook so he usually has quite a bit to say about the food, since he is definitely a foodie. I'm glad you filled us in and that your whole family got to be together. Too bad the weather wasn't more cooperative... it would have been much more "smooth sailing." Hopefully you will all get together again in a different port on a different ship. What a disappointment about Coco Cay.