• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

The Party Line?

Rate this topic

A quick question for y'all. I've always thought of Carnival as the party cruise line. They tended to be great for college students or young couples because they were inexpensive and catered to the young crowd. Is this still their profile or have they changed any?

We don't drink. It doesn't matter what ship we are on - the bartenders are always pushing alcohol. Let's face it, the ship can't make money if there isn't drinking. We see many travel shows on cruising and it is very clear that there is a "quota" for each sailing: excursions, pictures, bar, spa.

When we first started cruising (early 1990's), Carnival was a "party ship". I think that image has changed. You see many more families and lots of older folks on Carnival ships (which is pretty much what we see on all the ships we have sailed on).

• 2 weeks later...

A quick question for y'all. I've always thought of Carnival as the party cruise line. They tended to be great for college students or young couples because they were inexpensive and catered to the young crowd. Is this still their profile or have they changed any?

We cruise on Carnival every Fall (late Sept/Oct). If you're asking about alcohol-induced partying, I can honestly say we've only seen small groups of overindulging folks on any cruise. They're usually avoided by others, if that gives you a clue. When we sailed last year, two very drunk couples came into the Serenity (all-adult) area one afternoon, wanting to use the bar there. When they started annoying the guests who were sunbathing, reading & resting there, they were politely & discreetly led away. The few areas that allow smoking might have more partying, but I cannot go in them, so I don't know.

Now, the Halloween party on the Dream was boisterous & loud, but most people were following the lead of the entertainment staff. The few drunks in the crowd were, as I said, given a wide berth. The party began in individual lounges and wound up on the Lido Deck, around the pool. It ended there with the costume contest, music & dancing and entertainment from the talented crew. That was the loudest event I've seen in a long time.

Hope this helps. We find our Carnival cruises very relaxing - a perfect vacation for a young-at-heart middle-aged couple.

• 3 weeks later...