• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Factors in deciding next cruise

Rate this topic

Thank you, I will look into that one. Do you recommend a travel sight or should I go to AAA.

I'm looking for the best price on a 5 day cruise and would like to go late August or September. I have to take the airfare into consideration. Unless I drive to the closest port which would be Baltimore or NJ. Anyone have recommendations

There is a 5 day Bermuda Cruise on the Explorer of the Seas to Bermuda during that time period out of Cape Liberty in Bayonne, NJ. I'm not sure of which type of cabin you prefer, but an inside starts at about $550.

I find that, unless you have a special relationship with your TA, booking on-line is just as good and very easy. Enjoy!

I try to keep good relations with all my contacts, I haven't tried booking on line, I have to request certain thing for my health and booking directly with the lines they know my health history.'

Happy Cruising :rolleyes2:

scalise12

I have had no problems with online agencies. I have been able to get a person's name and number after the booking (online, that is) and have established relationships that way.

I hear you on "don't book airfare with the cruise line". We only did that on our first 2 cruises because we didn't know better and we were scared that we would miss our "boat". NEVER again. When we cruise out of the east coast, we usually arrive 1-3 days prior to embarking!

Debbie and Jerry, We to go out a few day before our Cruise, we had some problems with some airlines today. Did you know if the airlines cancel your booking or rebook you and you weren't notified the airline cannot charge for a new flying plan to your detestation. Something to keep in mind, We had this problem on Delta to Hawaii. Good Luck!

scalise12 :thumbup::rolleyes2:

I have planned my cruises around leaving out of a port that we could drive to (NYC/ Bayonne, NJ), just because I thought it would be easier not to have to rely on flying there. That 50 lb. weight limit is TOUGH, especially for the longer cruises (our next one is 11 days) LoL...yes, I am an overpacker...hahaha. THis also allows it to be more affordable to do the longer ones, too. I also look at the itinerary because we like to go to new places....don't mind repeat visits of some places, but always like that we will be visiting some new places too.

Edited by LynnS13

The date(s) are our most important factor. Port of embarkation is the next. We would rather drive then bend over for the airlines! We are still looking to book for NYE. We may have to bend over!