• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Newbie

Rate this topic

Welcome aboard, Nathaliec24! This is the right place to get cruise info and to meet cruise friends. There are plenty of cruise lines and ships to choose from and there are no bad cruises!:smile: :smile:

Good Morning Nathaliec24, First time no problem. May I suggest Carnival for the first time, Reason why, Good value for your money also to see if you like cruising and to get a feel for a party atmosphere, Carnival offers a lot of 4 day cruises that you may want to try first from Tampa, Port Canaveral , Jacksonville and Miami and also 7 day plus cruises also from these ports including Port Everglades in FT. Lauderdale, Now if you would like to try Royal Caribbean they also offer 4 day cruises from Port Canaveral and Tampa and I do Believe out of Cape May in New Jersey. Check with both Cruise Lines websites, You might want to check Norwegian cruise Lines (NCL) website, but for a better value for your money Carnival and Royal Caribbean, and if you find you love to cruise try Princess Cruise Lines and Holland America. All the Cruise lines have some type of In-ternary for everyone all depends where you want to go and visit and length of time. Now if you are driving to any port for a Cruise by car the ports do have parking for a fee.

Also You can talk to a Vacation Planner from the Cruise Lines or if you belong to AAA or use a Travel Agent to book your Cruise, They will all help walk you through your booking and arrangements for your Cruise.

Nathaliec24, we are here to help, My partner and I will be going on our 29th Cruise to Alaska next month any questions you may have please ask away,OK!

Happy Cruising :thumbup::cool2:

scalise12

Welcome Nathalie - It's great to see you posting already. If you tell us a bit about yourself we may be able to help a little more on helping you pick your first cruise.

I must warn you though that once you take that first cruise you will become CRAZIE like the rest of us and be looking for cruise #2 before you even unpack.

Welcome aboard Nathalie24. We will be more then happy to help you picking a cruise. We have many members here with vast cruise experience who will be more then willing to help you along the way.

I think we definitely need more details before we can assist you. Could you tell us age range, activities you like, family? anything you think would be helpful but those are a great start. Please feel free to ask any questions along the way.

Hi Nathalie24, and welcome to CruiseCrazies. Like MaryLou said, tell us a bit about yourself. It will really be easier to advise about a 1st cruise. as I always say, I feel a twinge of jealousy about 1st-time cruisers. The feeling you get when you walk into a ship atrium for the 1st time is unique. Everything about the 1st cruise is new. Sitting down at dinner and having the waiter put your napkin on your lap for you, looking at the daily program and realizing that there may not be enough hours in the day to do everything you want, looking out at the ocean and getting an incredible feeling of total relaxation are things the rest of us look forward to but take for granted. Enjoy the planning and the anticiption.:biggrin:

I am so glad you found us. Our first cruise was a 4 day over Valentine's weekend in the early 90's out of LA. We've been hooked ever since.

I equate cruising like summer camp. Lots of activities for all ages AND the ability to do none of them, if you choose.

Check back and give us an idea of what you are looking for. I'm sure one of us can help.