• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Do you use the "Pay" stuff on the ship?

Rate this topic

I'm not talking about pictures and bar bills........I mean specialty restaurants, exercise classes, craft classes, etc.?

Howie hates to go to the specialty restaurants but will go if I ask him to, or go with a group. The food we eat there is what they used to serve in the dining room. I don't mind as long as it's not more expensive. Oasis has a $50 a person restaurant and I'd never go there.

I have never paid for classes of any kind.

We have and will go to the specialty restaurants. The only other thing that I paid extra was an wine-tasting, but I did that only because my BIL wanted company.

Jerry enters the blackjack tournament every time it's offered. Not to brag, but he usually wins first place! But we don't consider that "extra". We consider that a part of his gambling.

When the fitness center first started charging for classes, I would pay for the "week" as a bundle. Once I figured out the caliber of the class, I no longer participated. It's tough being a personal trainer and certified instructor and taking other classes. I don't think I could ever teach on a cruise ship because you really are teaching to the person who never exercised in his/her life (that is the premise).

While I would love to have a massage and/or take advantage of the spa, I find their prices are way too high.

I did pay once for a "foot-cial" (facial for the feet) and it was worth every penny. I love the scrub and rub part of the pedicure. I could care less about the polish. Never saw the foot-cial offered since that sailing.

I have, in the past, scheduled a hair updo and scalp massage and paid for it. Now that my hair is short, might just have to have the scalp massage.

We paid for the speciality restaurant once. Wasn't that impressed. Doubtful that we'd do that again.

On all the cruises that we've been on that have had crafts, "lessons" and/or lectures, we have never been charged. And, YES, I take advantage of all that I can. I love craft work!

we are not real big on the extras. We do like the mystery dinner also the kitchen gallery tour and lunch. Once I took the grand kids without Jackie so I bought her a nice bracelet. Never pictures, did wine tasting once found there wine tasting very sub par for what we are use to.

We a buy a picture or two, wine tasting, t shirts, and on a special occasions will go to a special restaurant, we both love Italian and steak now and than.

Oh I almost forgot the bar bill.

scalise12 :cool2:

We a buy a picture or two, wine tasting, t shirts, and on a special occasions will go to a special restaurant, we both love Italian and steak now and than.

Oh I almost forgot the bar bill.

scalise12 :cool2:

• 2 weeks later...