• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Do You Collect Anything Special?

Rate this topic

cruisetarp

When you travel, do you collect anything special from the ships you sail on or the ports you visit?

I've collected spoons but the spoon rack is full

I've collected salt & pepper shakers but have no more room for them

I've collected thimbles but they get too dusty on the shelf

Currently I collect Coffee Mugs from the Ships we sail on but my cup cabinet is just about full.

I have collected various things over the years but magnets were always at the top of my shopping list. When I redid the kitchen I put the magnets into shadow boxes and now they hang as art on the guest room wall. I've also collected t-shirts and plates but now I rarely buy any of those things as I have nowhere to put them anymore. LOL

I do like native art and I still collect some of that still as well as something to put into those shadow boxes.

I make magnets from our sea pass cards - my goal is to cover my entire fridge with them. The side is more than 1/2 full already and my grandson looks at them and says "I think you cruise too much Nannie" I explained that there is no such thing as cruising too much.

We don't collect anything in particular. We're pretty eclectic when it comes to souvenirs. We do try to pick up at least one very nice object from one of the ports for our family room.