• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Who Does All Your Cruise Planning

Rate this topic

cruisetarp

Who is in charge of all the cruise planning - booking the cruise, planning activities, etc. in your house?

I often joke that Jim usually isn't 100% sure what ship we will be on or where we will be going until we are in the car on the way. He loves to cruise - just has no patients for the planning stages which is fine with me as I love the planning.

First I plant the idea in Hugh's mind while he's sleeeping. When he wakes up he tells me he wants to go on another cruise :o)

I do all the planning and packing - he pays the bills and carries the garment bag.

The planning is almost as good as the actual holiday.

I find the cruise that we want to take and tell him that I found a cruise and this is when we are going.

I can tell you that most of the time Jerry has no clue where we are going, what airport we are flying in to, etc., etc. I lost him in Houston, TX. He thought we were flying in to Miami and we were flying in to Ft Lauderdale. Quite the major fight that time! So now I make a point of speaking every detail all the time.

He gets the money together. He'll get the traveller's checks and the cash.

I do all the packing. But I will call him in to the bedroom to help me decide on a few items.

We both schlep the bags. We are getting better at nothing have zillions!

He did tell me the other day that he wanted to go where it's hot (which means no Alaska or Canada at this time).

First I plant the idea in Hugh's mind while he's sleeeping. When he wakes up he tells me he wants to go on another cruise :o)

I do all the planning and packing - he pays the bills and carries the garment bag.

The planning is almost as good as the actual holiday.

biggrin.gif

Actually we pretty much decide mutually on what or where the next vacation will be. We also go over the ship and the itinerary and then try for an amidships cabin and go for 1st dining. After that its pretty much me to make arrangements for excursions. I also take care of the limo, stop the mail, call the PD for a vacation watch, etc.

With Rita's blessing I look for cruises that fit our schedule and lately, ones we can drive too. I will find us a mid-ship stateroom and put a 24 hour hold on it and then turn it over to our TA. She says we do all the work so she sends us a rebate check at the end of every cruise.