• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carry-On Bags

Rate this topic

rogue

We're cruising with friends on our next cruise and they say that they always drop off their bags in their cabin even if they're still not ready. They tell me that you can still get into some of the doors that are closed keeping you from your cabin. I have never done this. Has anyone else?

No, We wait to the doors open to the cabins.

But their are some Cruise Lines now will let you go directly to your cabin after you on board. Princess and Holland America started this practice and we like this a lot, no more dragging your carry on to lunch with you. Hopefully other Cruise Lines will follow..

scalise12 :cool2:

No, we don't go through the closed doors. The crew really is still working on the rooms and there may be many things in the halls. When we did our back to back last year we definitely checked to see what was going on during the change over and there are lots of carts, laundry, etc on the floors in the hallway.

I was doing laundry on our last back-to-back and encountered closed doors. I knocked to see if I could pass through. The folks doing the deep cleaning guided me through another hallway to get to my room.

We have never encountered our room not being ready when we board the ship. But we are boarding later these days.

What gets me is the folks who drag their LUGGAGE to the lido deck for breakfast the last day. Didn't they read the paperwork that said the room would be available until such and such time??? Sure, I see having it with you to sit around waiting for your number to be called. But in line while you are getting food???