• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Bad Manners on Balcony Behavior?

Rate this topic

scalise12

Did You ever experience any type of bad Balcony Behavior? :thumbdown: or :thumbup:

We have a few times, We once had someone who would play their Harmonica after midnight on the balcony and once have nudist sun bathing!

scalise12 :cool2:

The worst we had was people yelling to each other at all hours of the day and night. It seems that we were put in the middle of a large family group that had no idea how to use a phone. There was certainly no respect for any other passengers than the ones in their group.:thumbdown:

We had a group of young adults who's parents were in another cabin (we were in an aft balcony) and the empty beer cans would roll onto our balcony. They seemed to party when we weren't there most of the time but the poor cabin steward had to clean there cabin which was always trashed. I felt so sorry for him and on the 3rd day called the hotel manager and complained. The kids suddenly got better and the cabin steward was thrilled.

I just saw this topic on an email that I get. I guess we're blessed that we have not had bad balcony behavior from our neighbors. But I hope that we are not considered bad balcony people.

We do turn our lights off and make sure that they are always off.

We don't keep any trash on the balcony.

We don't play any music (I wouldn't even think of bringing music on a ship).

We don't curse.

I guess Jerry's smoking could bother someone, but we do ask the neighbors before he lights up. (Marcy is usually on the other side).

We had a family who would leave the balcony light on all night. (use it for a nite light for their children.) I like to sit out at nite with a glass of wine & enjoy the quiet evening. They refused to turn the light off went to service desk and it wasn't on the rest of the cruise. I guess not really a big deal Never had any real problem.