• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Is there an outdoor Promenade Deck on other cruise lines

Rate this topic

GottaCruz

Whenever we cruise, which for the last few years has always been on Royal Carribean, we love using the outdoor Promenade Deck for our walking. For the last few years, I've worn a pedometer and done at least 10,000 steps a day . So, we love RC because you can walk in a complete circle , the whole deck, outdoors , half of it in the shade, on the Promenade Deck.

My question is, does NCL , Celebrity or Princess have the same type of walking area as RC??? I know , from years ago, the Carnival doesn't, unless their newer ships do. We'd much rather do our walking in the fresh air than go to the gym.

I hope someone can answer this because, crazy as it sounds, that is really important to us.

I know that both Carnival and Princess have some ships with a full Promenade deck going all around the ship. They also have many ships that go most of the way, but not quite all. Princess has quite a few that go most of the way around, but up at the bow, you have to walk up one deck, then back down to do a complete circuit of the Promenade. This just gives you a bit more exercise.

We've been on 5 different Holland America ships and all of them had the lower promenade deck, which is a wrap around deck. It's one big reason we like their ships! Like you, we would rather do our walking outdoors.

Thanks, Howard. Would you happen to know which of the Carnival ships and Princess ships have the full deck?We'd rather not have to do the steps when we're doing our walking .

I'll look it up after work, but I know that the Coral & Island Princess have wrap around decks. I was on th Island Princess. She's a great ship.

All of the ships that we have been on have had outdoor walking and outdoor jogging decks (some are different).

Our last 2 Carnival cruises had walking decks by the pool and again lower by the main embarkation area. (Miracle and Glory)

We've been on 3 Celebrity cruises and all of them have outdoor walking (again, no steps). (Century and Mercury twice)

We've been on Caribbean Princess and they had a walking area as well.'

I think you can see the pictures when you look at deck plans.

All of the ships that we have been on have had outdoor walking and outdoor jogging decks (some are different).

Our last 2 Carnival cruises had walking decks by the pool and again lower by the main embarkation area. (Miracle and Glory)

We've been on 3 Celebrity cruises and all of them have outdoor walking (again, no steps). (Century and Mercury twice)

We've been on Caribbean Princess and they had a walking area as well.'

I think you can see the pictures when you look at deck plans.

The problem with the Caribbean Princess is that you have to walk up one deck at the bow to continue. That doesn't bother me, but it bothers Cindy lots.