• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Have you ever been so smitten with a place you just HAD to have more when you returned?

Rate this topic

:biggrin: OK so we went to the so. Pacific in 2006 on the old Tahitian (now refitted and renamed the Ocean) Princess. It was the most beautuful tropical place I've ever seen. Just lush and gorgeous and bountiful everywhere. :wub: Well upon our return I just had to have more, something to hold onto or remind me of how beautiful it is there. I searched the www and found a website for Pitcairn island. For those of you who don't know Pitcairn is where the mutineers from the infamous HMS Bounty (remember Capt. Bligh and Fletcher Christain) settled and hid from the British navy. To this day their descendants live there. You can get souvenirs with the Pitcairn islang logo like playing cards, stamps and so on. Or honey. Well i chose to get some honey. I ordered it in August and got it just B4 Thanksgiving. :smile: Pitcairn doesn't have a natural harbour so they wait until a ship anchors, paddle out to it and drop it off. The it goes to New Zealand and from there it goes by boat to the west coast, then to me by USPS. Thats why it took so long. But OMG! it was by far the best tasting honey, with a hint of fruit and a floral aroma that I have ever had. So have ever been this :wub: about a place you've ever been to?

http://www.government.pn/

I really enjoyed reading this post, and trying to visualize this place that you fell in love with. The picture in my mind probably isn't precise, but it doesn't matter. It sounds like an interesting locale, with lots of history, that you're able to revisit each time you open that honey jar. BTW, isn't it time to place another order?

I hope you make it back there, soon.

I really enjoyed reading this post, and trying to visualize this place that you fell in love with. The picture in my mind probably isn't precise, but it doesn't matter. It sounds like an interesting locale, with lots of history, that you're able to revisit each time you open that honey jar. BTW, isn't it time to place another order?

I hope you make it back there, soon.

Thank you. Its like a garden of Eden in a sense in that everywhere there seems to be lush foliage or trees full of fresh fruit, avocado, breadfruit, vanilla, etc. Also has pearly farms too. You just have to see it to believe it. :thumbup:

We to feel the same way about Hawaii & Italy!! We just can't enough. But it's fun making plans for the return :biggrin:

scalise12 :cool2:

i don't know of we will ever go back as we hace cruised thre once already. As for land tours well FP is so expensive you can't beleive it. Breakfast is about $40.00 PP :ohmy: We had a half day stay in the Sheraton b/c we had a night flight and wanted to be rest as we had to be out of our cabin early. a 4 oz. bottle of sun tan lotion was $40.00! If we were to go back to that area it would be the Cook islands which we were not able to go to on the cruise due to high seas that day.

Siesta Key would be our "Smittenville". We took our first trip there in 1996 and fell in love with the place, and each other! We were married the next year. The only year we missed since then was in 1999 when we took our family to Disney.

We've developed friendship with folks from all over and it's like a reunion every year. The beach was rated as number one for year 2011. It's been number one for us for the past 15 years.

7.jpg