• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What ship and line were your first ?

Rate this topic

1st cruise was aboard the Premier Cruise Line 'Oceanic" also called the Big Red Boat out of Port Canavaral to Nassau for 3 nights sometime in 1984 or 1985. Of course I did several 'cruises' from Norfolk to the Med on a big gray ship back in the early 60's many times. But that was paid for by Uncle Sam.

• 3 months later...

My first cruise was on Royal Caribbean in 2006. It was a great trip, but I felt just a little "stuffy". Then we took a family cruise on Carnival and I've been hooked ever since. It was me, my DH, my DD (age 27 at the time) and her friend. We had a blast!!!

My first cruise was on Royal Caribbean in 2006. It was a great trip, but I felt it was just a little "stuffy" for me. Then we took a family cruise on Carnival and I've been hooked ever since. It was me, my DH, my DD (age 27 at the time) and her friend. We had a blast!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

My daughter and I cruised a 10 day Mexican Riviera out of Los Angeles on Sun Princess and were instantly HOOKED!!!! a gal on her 86th cruise took us under her wing and showed us the ropes.. b.t.w. she was a KICK!! that was October 2002 and as of Dec 2018 I have been on 49 cruises with 3 future cruises booked.

On 2/6/2019 at 8:40 PM, Jan115 said:

Grand Princess 2002, where my husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary. I don’t know what took us so long.?

Our first cruise was for our 25th anniversary as well....only we had to wait a year because of our daughter's wedding - so technically it was our 26th.  ?      We did HAL Ryndam in Alaska, which started my absolute love affair with Alaska....