• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

How far in advance do you book?

Rate this topic

gogetter

• 7 years later...

I book typically a year in advance.. on social security so gives me the benefit of making monthly payments :) used to book on-board for the extra OBC but as of late 2018 CCL no longer has a future cruise person to book through.. sigh……

5 hours ago, motherboarder said:

I book typically a year in advance.. on social security so gives me the benefit of making monthly payments ? used to book on-board for the extra OBC but as of late 2018 CCL no longer has a future cruise person to book through.. sigh……

Actually, you can get Carnival’s future cruise offer at the shore excursion desk or through the CCL onboard mobile app (FunHub). If you’re unable to, or forget to do it, you can book with a travel agent within 2 weeks of returning home - they will have a special booking code.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:59 AM, Jan115 said:

Actually, you can get Carnival’s future cruise offer at the shore excursion desk or through the CCL onboard mobile app (FunHub). If you’re unable to, or forget to do it, you can book with a travel agent within 2 weeks of returning home - they will have a special booking code.

there is NO one at the excursion desk that can help. I went to the excursion desk on Horizon in December 2018 to ask and was specifically told they NO longer book future cruises and that I could use the computer to book, input a code for specials, amenities, etc.

5 minutes ago, motherboarder said:

there is NO one at the excursion desk that can help. I went to the excursion desk on Horizon in December 2018 to ask and was specifically told they NO longer book future cruises and that I could use the computer to book, input a code for specials, amenities, etc.

That's pretty crappy of Carnival. You might think they would WANT to help people re-book on board - it's great for business. Have you thought about using a travel agent to book that future cruise when you get home?

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:30 PM, Jan115 said:

That's pretty crappy of Carnival. You might think they would WANT to help people re-book on board - it's great for business. Have you thought about using a travel agent to book that future cruise when you get home?

I have used the same TA since 2002 to book all but 2 cruises (got friends & family through a friend that worked for NCL). My TA specializes in cruises (though can perform all) and has ALWAYS been there for me (49 cruises booked through her to date)!!! I wouldn't book any other way.