• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

How do you book?

Rate this topic

DennaBeana

Travis is a real bargain shopper and has been finding "deals" but I like the idea of booking through the cruise lines.

What do you do? And if you go with the bargains what are some reputable sites? What about travel agents?

I would be devastated if we showed up for our honeymoon to find that things aren't what they should be.

Thoughts? Advice?

Please and thank you biggrin.gif

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have always used a travel agent...a few times, years back, we just used an online site which had good prices, but still used a travel agent with them, just dealt with them all online through e-mail. The last few cruises we took have been booked by a friend of ours. Don't think we can mention names here, but you are right to research and shop around...maybe some word of mouth from friends or relatives may help...where are you going for your honeymoon cruise?

We purchased a Seamiles Card 4 years ago and have been racking up points ever since. So we use the same person every time through the Seamiles program. On the next cruise we are taking, we will get $ 1000. 00 back.

Same as Shari, we use a Travel Agent. She does a great job for us and handles all the details. She regularly checks for price reductions. She knows what brand of wine we like and always has a bottle waiting for us in our cabin. About a week after the cruise ends she sends us a rebate check.:thumbup: :thumbup:

Local TA all the way - I like someone close by to yell at if things go wrong - and to say thank you to when things go right - as they usualy do!

It depends on the cruise line. If we go with RCCL we use their TA. We have used the same one for 8 maybe 9 cruises. Really goes the extra mile for us.

Carnival, Princess we use a local ta. MSC we use a ta they recommend.

• 2 weeks later...

A TA can often get a better deal than you booking directly with the cruise line because the cruise lines rotate special promotions to the larger agencies. The cruise line agent can't offer these deals. And many of the people you talk to at the cruise line reservations have never been on a cruise, let alone the ship you are interested in. Before I became a TA, I would research prices online and then call the TA I found who specialized in cruises and booked it with her. She'd send me a bottle of wine or something, which the cruise line reservation agent would never do. I remembered that, and always send my customers a gift while they are onboard.

• 7 months later...