• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Introducing ... The Smart Cruiser: Tips for getting your cruise right!

Rate this topic

Jason

Introducing our newest blog .. The Smart Cruiser: Tips for getting your cruise right!

By Petra O'Neill, a Freelance Travel Writer based in Sydney, Australia.

petra_banner.png

Cruise experiences should be enjoyable - We all anticipate our next holiday and reflect on our most memorable travel moments. But rarely do we completely avoid a hitch, a problem, an error, an oversight. Sometimes there is nothing we can do to prevent those dreaded travel hicupps from happening, but sometimes they can be avoided, or we can at least feel a little better if we know that they happen to us all.

Petra is here to help! Through her weekly blog updates, she'll be presenting unique experiences and cruising tips that she has accumulated first-hand throughout her many years of travel journeys throughout the world. Petra's work has appeared in numerous publications in Australia and the UK, and we are thrilled to now have her as part of our CruiseCrazies family.

A quick intro note from Petra:

So who am I you say? I work, I travel and now I combine the two. I write travel articles and work as a freelance tour guide, the final career change I'm ever likely to make. You might even get to meet me someplace tropical and exotic. I meet many people who share their stories and the situations they've encountered, both good and bad and I'd like to share them with you each week. So let's maximise the enjoyment of your next cruise and any tips! - let's use this forum to share them.

Please join me in welcoming Petra aboard by responding to this message, and then visit her new blog where you can read her first post titled "Find the best cabin on the ship for YOU!"

Hi, Petra! Welcome. I will follow your columns faithfully since I keep a diary while travelling.

I love to re read my notebooks years after I have written them. Also, if a question arises

about something that happened on a specific trip, I go to my notebook and find the correct

version...

My husband and I have taken about 29 cruises (will start #30 on NOv. 20), and being in our

70's find it is the perfect way for us to travel. Have visited places we would not have gone

otherwise, and feel we will continue to cruise until we cannot physically do it anymore.

Love everything about Cruise Crazies and am proud to be a member.

Conchy