• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Royal treated us royally.

Rate this topic

GottaCruz

Just came back today from a 4 day cruise on the Liberty. I must say, we still can't get over the royal treatment we received being Diamond members. Our cabin door was decorated with diamond shaped magnets, petit fours and chocolate covered strawberries were delivered to cabin. Another day, we received luggage straps with RC on them, we got beautiful gift baskets with cookies and dried fruit. Another time , we received nice big rectangles of chocolate with their new ad on them. All Diamond class and above members were invited to the Diamond Lounge every night from 5-8 PM for open bar and appetizers, like shrimp, meatballs, etc, which we surely took advantage of. Being Diamond members also entitled us to advance reservations for the ice show and the Saturday Night Fever show.

RC really outdid themselves. I don't know if this is always done. We've been Diamond members for a while and we never received all of these perks.I will be doing a review of this great 4 day cruise soon. Just wanted to tell you that is was really nice that RC showed their appreciation in these ways.

Glad you enjoyed the Liberty Cheryl. We love her sister Freedom.

December is a special month for Pinnacle, Diamond, Diamond Plus and they add in some extra goodies to celebrate. In addition you get double points for December so your cruise was worth 8 points. RCI converted to points early this year. The magnets and the luggage straps were part of the celebration, the basket is given on every cruise.

Glad you and Wayne were able to get away and enjoy a bit.

Will watch for your review, Cheryl! I have not had the pleasure of sailing on that ship class but would very much like to. Also didn't know they switched to points....I'll have to see how that worked out for us - we had just made the next level up....can't remember what it is called......

Glad you enjoyed your cruise!

Thanks, everyone. Just got an email from RCCL asking me to write a review of our cruise for them so I guess I will be sitting down to write my review soon, which I 'll post here and also send to RCCL.

How many cruises did you do to get to the Emerald Level???