• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

GREETING NEW MEMBERS TO CRUISE CRAZIES

Rate this topic

scalise12

CALLING ALL CRAZIES:biggrin:, WE NEED YOUR HELP TO PROMOTE CRUISE CRAZIES FOR THE UPCOMING YEAR.:excl:

I HAVE TALKED THIS OVER WITH HOWARD, AND IT SEEMS THAT THEIR IS ONLY A FEW OF US WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS.:excl: WE CAN MAKE NEW MEMBERS GLAD THEY JOINED CRUISE CRAZIES, WE CAN TOGETHER MAKE CRUISE CRAZIES BETTER THAN x.:excl::excl: AND MAKE NEW MEMBERS GLAD THEY JOINED :excl:

I KNOW I'M STILL KINDA NEW TO CRUISE CRAZIES, BUT MY FIRST YEAR WAS FUN AND MADE NEW FRIENDS :biggrin:

WE CAN PROMOTE CRUISE CRAZIES BY TALKING TO PEOPLE WE MEET ON CRUISE'S AND TO OUR FRIENDS, JASON AND I GOT TOGETHER AND JASON SENDS ME SOME BUSINESS CARDS TO PASS OUT ON OUR CRUISES, AND I JUST FINISHED LOOKING AT THE APPAREL LINE, THAT WE CAN PURCHASE, LIKE BASEBALL CAPS & T-SHIRTS CAN BE WORNING AROUND THE POOL ON A CRUISE, AND PLUS PRINTING OUT THE DOOR HANGER.:thumbup:

WE HAVE TO BECOME A TEAM IN PROMOTING CRUISE CRAZIES, A LOT OF YOU BEEN AROUND FOR AWHILE AND HAVE MENTIONED HOW GOOD CRUISE CRAZIES ONCE WAS, WELL LETS MAKE IT BETTER :excl:

JACKIE & I, WILL DO OUR BEST TO HELP AND COME WITH POSSIBLE NEW IDEA'S THAT WILL HELP, LET'S RALLY TOGETHER AND GET IT DONE.:thumbup:

WHAT DO YOU THINK???????????? IT'S A TEAM EFFORT :excl:

CRUISECRAZIES.COM, TO EVERYONE & ANY ONE :excl:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND HOPEFULLY YOUR SINCERE HELP :thumbup:

JOHN & JACKIE :cool2:

Good post, John. We need more people involved on the boards. If we get more people involved in just welcoming people, or birthdays, or bon voyages , maybe more newbes will join in allso. Lets do something to stir the activity on the board.

John, thanks for taking the lead on this!! I really appreciate it!! thumbup.gif

Jackie, Howard, Rose, Jackie, John, and everyone else who will help out - John has some great points...Engaging our new members even more actively will help them ease into the community as more active contributors. To do this successfully, we definitely need to work as a team and I know we can all accomplish this and much more.

I'm about to begin working on some things which will help promote CruiseCrazies externally (details coming in near future), so that should help as well.

Thanks again everyone for your support and assistance! And I'm open to any other more ideas or suggestions! biggrin.gif

I'm in - I will try to be better about Bon Voyaging, etc. I have really benefited from joining in the posts so want to encourage others to do the same. This truly is the friendliest cruising community on the web!

One thing, I've noticed, though, and I hope this doesn't sound cynical...some of the new member names sound like the email names from whom I receive spam emails and plugs to buy things. So I was trying to look at their profiles and I find that they don't put together any kind of profile. Is there a problem with spam? Is there a way to figure those out? Or maybe I should just err on the side of welcoming them and not worry about it.

I, also, am new to the community so don't know what the history has been with that kind of thing.

Edited by AndiD

GREAT post John. I wish I had a magic solution because if people would just post and become familiar with CruiseCrazies they would come back over and over. I think the reason I am falling behind on the Bon Voyages is I feel nobody pays attention to them. They used to get more than 25 replies now they get 3 or 4. Same with the dock - we always ended the month with more than 1000 entires - this month we don't even have 200.

Come on new members - give us a try. I can tell you that you won't find a friendlier bunch of people on any cruise web site.

All great points. This is definitely a team effort. New members have consciously decided they want to be a member for some reason. So it's our goal to make them feel comfortable in joining our discussions and them wanting to be an active contributor within the community. I have no doubt everyone here does a great job at that. Let's just step it up a notch further and show what we can all accomplish together!

Andi, the system is designed to prevent spambots from creating accounts, however unfortunately it's not an exact science and as a result there may be a few that get through at times. Let's assume everyone is a legitimate member and welcome them accordingly, so we don't accidentally leave anyone out. biggrin.gif

Lastly, the url of the CruiseCrazies apparel shop is - http://www.cafepress.com/cruisecrazies. This will be posted more prominently on the site shortly.