• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Tragedy at sea with fataities

Rate this topic

jacketwatch

Caught this story on the news this morning - they said three fatalities and a number of injured. Apparently the running aground occurred at night, but don't they have accurate electronic mapping? How could they get far enough off course to run aground. I would imagine that the Captain is in a lot of trouble...

Caught this story on the news this morning - they said three fatalities and a number of injured. Apparently the running aground occurred at night, but don't they have accurate electronic mapping? How could they get far enough off course to run aground. I would imagine that the Captain is in a lot of trouble...

Well ti should not happen I think esp. with all the technology on these ships. It seems it was very close to shore. Also read there are 50-70 missing as well. sad.gif

Not real sure but I heard their was an explosion and it rip a hole in the side. The Capt. was trying ti steer the ship to land before it could sink. I am sure we will get more info. later.

Joe

MAJOR PRAYERS GO OUT TO THOSE, ALIVE, DEAD, AND STILL MISSING OFF THE COSTA CONCORDIA THAT SUNK IN ITALY TODAY!!

(Being a Major Cruiser, this hits home ♥ )

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120114/120114_Cruise_Canadian_Passengers/20120114/?hub=CP24Home

Edited by YulzXasylum