• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Interesting Story about The Captain of the "Concordia"

Rate this topic

Shari2

Thanks for the link , Shari. I hadn't heard some of this info. Sounds like this rescued crewman was quite a hero. This is the first account I've seen of a crew member doing anything heroic. Also, so glad to see that he and the honeymooner were rescued- wow 40 hours later, that's incredible.

We sailed on back-to-back cruises on the Costa Romantica in the late 1990's and did not like the cruise line then. It was trying to break into the Ameircan market. We told ourselves never to sail with them again. We have sailed 29 times. Now I see we made the right decision. In this day and age we thought the only things to think about when cruising is 1. A rogue wave 2. terrorism. It's looking real bad for COSTA and CARNIVAL CORP.

We sailed on back-to-back cruises on the Costa Romantica in the late 1990's and did not like the cruise line then. It was trying to break into the Ameircan market. We told ourselves never to sail with them again. We have sailed 29 times. Now I see we made the right decision. In this day and age we thought the only things to think about when cruising is 1. A rogue wave 2. terrorism. It's looking real bad for COSTA and CARNIVAL CORP.

I heard that CCL's stock is down 20% at the bell. :ohmy:

Interesting, since the US stock exchange is closed today for a holiday. Now sure how it is "down 20% at the bell".

Interesting, since the US stock exchange is closed today for a holiday. Now sure how it is "down 20% at the bell".

I would think CCL is traded in more than one market so maybe referring to world indices?

I would think CCL is traded in more than one market so maybe referring to world indices?

I read that its per the London market. We'll see what happens here tomorrow.