• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

My Carnval Valor cruise review 2-12 to 2-18

Rate this topic

gogetter

Hello fine people and thanks for yor help......

My wife and i celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary on Valentine's day. That was the reason for the cruise......

We live in Sanford Fl near Orlando. We drove down, starting at 6:30 am with Dunkin Donuts.........we were on the ship and in our cabin by 12 noon. My wife has a medical condition and we went to Guest Services and they called housekeeping and viola.....aok to go.....still a few tried saying something to us.....but i politely explained again......VIP was a breeze with no one in line and about 3 people ahead of us in the VIP lounge.......sweet and easy....

Cabins don't bother us and we chose an inside this time because of the great price of 309 pp. It was aft and we loved it for our sleeping pleasure.......

Gede was our room steward. He ws fast and efficent and did an outstanding job.

In the past i have grown to dislike Carnival dinners. the singing waiters just got old boring and stale.....this changed this trip and they at least had some updated songs to sing and dance to. The service declined thorughout the cruise.

Since Tuesday was our anniversary, i went to Formalities on the day of embarkation and ordered a small cake for our anniversary.......IT NEVER SHOWED UP. Immediately after dinner i went to Formalities and talked with anothe lady. I saw the list and thye had written down the wrong cabin number down with ???? has the table.......i calmly explained to them, i wa pissed off and they asked what they could do and i told them whatever they wanted....whatever and left.......i did have them credit my account.......the next day the Bar manage called and apologized about the inconvenience, and he asked if there was anything that could be done and was under the assumption we had a banner in our cabin that night. I said, no there wasn't and he said he was told there was......i then said to him....come on down to our cabin and see for your self.......he didin't......

The next day when we came back from 7 mile beach in Grand Cayman, our room was decorated, 2 flutes, champagne, 8 bar credits and 6 roses.....hhhmmm...ok......very nice touch to make up for 3 inadequacies.......the next night to dinner the Maitre'd handed us 8 more bar coupons......yippee...again.........

Ports were Key West....Jamaica and Cayman.......shopping, 7 mile beach and more shopping.......basically it for our ports..had a great time and the best meal ever at Margarittaville in Ocho Rios......ammy did an outstanding job and was a joy..

Overall the trip was good, had a great time with my wife, even though there were a few hiccups.........and the parking was free due to my wife being handicapped with a placard......

I tried exploring the ship and it was nice.

If anyone has any questions fire away............i can go nto detail of anything i witnessed from my point of view........

Thank you all and i appreciate everyone here !!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Happy Anniversary!

I am so glad they made things right for you.

Of course that is a huge disappointment to be counting on something special and it was mishandled.

But you ended up with some nice swag and a great cruise! :laugh:

• 1 month later...