• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

weather

Rate this topic

Dewey24

What an incredible vacation you have planned. Here is what I have been told. Get a globe. Pinpoint where you are going and follow it across to the U.S. Where do you land? (My guess is somewhere in the mid-west). Weather should be comprable to where your finger landed on the globe.

Short of that, I'm sure there is something about the "average weather" on the ship's information page.

Have you cruised before?

If you're doing the fjords in July, weather should be quite nice. There is always a chance of fog, but temps should be mild. I hope you like sunlight, because you'll get about 20 hours of it each day!

LOT'S OF SUN LIGHT, :thumbup: ALWAYS TAKE A JACKET AND A SWEATSHIRT, WE ARE GOING TO THE BALTIC IN JULY ALSO, AND WE BEEN LOOKING AT THE WEATHER ON WEATHER .COM FOR THE AVERAGES IN JULY, BUT IF IT'S ANY THING LIKE ALASKA, WE WILL NEED A JACKET. :smile:

JOHN & JACKIE :rolleyes2:

LOT'S OF SUN LIGHT, :thumbup: ALWAYS TAKE A JACKET AND A SWEATSHIRT, WE ARE GOING TO THE BALTIC IN JULY ALSO, AND WE BEEN LOOKING AT THE WEATHER ON WEATHER .COM FOR THE AVERAGES IN JULY, BUT IF IT'S ANY THING LIKE ALASKA, WE WILL NEED A JACKET. :smile:

JOHN & JACKIE :rolleyes2:

A jacket is ALWAYS a good idea (we cruised the Caribe and hit Key West when it was 32* - brrr!). Alaska doesn't get the gulf stream, though, so Norway is generally warmer, particularly near the coast, and that's where the fjords are. We were at Nordkapp in June, and didn't need anything more than long sleeves, and that's quite a lot farther to the north than, say, Bergen...

• 2 months later...