• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Travel Insurance?

Rate this topic

SPark524

Kinda on the fence about the whole travel insurance issue. On one hand I feel like i wouldnt need it but as soon as I think that I know with my luck something will happen... Would like to hear some opinions of what you guys think of insurance when going on a cruise!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"ALWAYS" WE NEVER LEAVE HOME WITH OUT TRAVEL INSURANCE :thumbup: :biggrin:

YOU NEVER KNOW, IT'S ALWAYS BEST TO BE PREPARED, IF YOU HAVE ANY HEALTH ISSUES YOUR BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY. :ohmy:

TO BE AIRLIFTED OFF A CRUISE AND TAKEN TO THE NEAREST HOSPITAL THE COST STARTS AT $25,000 AND UP, ON OUR CRUISE TO TAHITI IN JANUARY FOUR PEOPLE HAD TO BE AIR LIFTED . 2 BACK TO HAWAII

& 2 IN FRENCH POLYNESIA. :sick::thumbdown:

HOPE THIS HELP IN FINDING A ANSWER: :wink2:

JOHN & JACKIE :smile:

We always get it today...we didn't back in our younger years and we were lucky and didn't need it, but now we always get it. We did have to use it a few years ago when we had to cancel a last minute cruise when my mother had a heart attack.

We always always get travel insurance. Luckily we've only needed it once - and that was because a flight cancellation cost us a night in a hotel. Extra bonus - while people were standing in the long line to rebook flights, our insurance had already gotten us rebooked on the first flight out, which allowed us to make it to the cruise on time!

Every other cruise we take is a major one - Europe or some such - and so we're out a bunch if anything goes wrong. Insurance is the only way to go, but make sure you know what is and what isn't covered, and make sure you have copies of all travel documents both with you and at home in a safe place.

• 2 months later...