• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Did You Ever See A Dog On A Cruiseship?

Rate this topic

GottaCruz

• 2 weeks later...

We traveled with a friend who is blind. Erin, her german sheppard service dog, sat under the table each evening. On formal nights she had a bow around her neck. When he guide/lead was off, she LOVED tennis balls. :) She was a joy to have around. People knew not to feed her or mess with her while she was "on duty". Service dogs are awesome.

I know that some people use chihuahuas as service dogs because they are great for people with asthma. :) Seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

Well there is a new class of dogs known as "therapy dogs". I have a friend (a nurse) who got tired of paying $150 in order to have her dog fly on an airplane with her in an under-the-seat carrier. She went to her doctor-boss and had him write a prescription for her "therapy dog". He stated that the nurse was extremely apprehensive about flying and needed the comfort of her dog to calm her down. He stated that my friend was extremely allergic to all medications she has previously tried to treat such anxiety. And now not only does her Yorkie fly free, she keeps her pet on her lap and plays with her during the flights!

Well, the same can be done on cruise ships...with a doctor's prescription, Welcome to my world! LOL