• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Friends/neighbors that you won't cruise with

Rate this topic

GottaCruz

WE CRUISE ONCE WITH A FRIEND, BUT NOT SINCE, WE HAVE A LONG LIST OF FAMILY & FRIENDS, THAT WE WON'T BOTHER WITH, JUST RECENTLY THAT LIST GREW, WE LIKE DOING THINGS ARE WAY AND IF WE DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING BUT STAY ON THE SHIP, WE LL YOU GET THE IDEA!

This happened to us. We cruised three yrs. in a row with friends but after the last one it became too much in that we too felt suffocated. Our entire time was planned together and we wanted at least some time alone. Also they sort of bickered a lot. We just decided to leave it alone and go ourselves. We still see them too but the subject of cruising never arises.

I feel the same way - give me a little space, I'll give you a little space; when dinnertime comes around, we can get together and chat about what we did/saw. If we're going on the same excursion, fine; if not, fine also.

I feel the same way - give me a little space, I'll give you a little space; when dinnertime comes around, we can get together and chat about what we did/saw. If we're going on the same excursion, fine; if not, fine also.

Thats how I originally thought it would be too. Oh well. :blush:

Went with neighbors twice, and for the life of me, could not figure why they wanted to cruise in the first place, let alone take two cruises. The kids ate all of the bread before anyone had a chance to see it, and my daughter made their teenage son cry when she told him that we were going to leave his brother at the next port. In St Thomas they were mad because we did not want to sit and watch son get his hair braided. I told them were going shopping and we would see them at dinner, and left. Yes we are still neighbors and good friends, but I will never do any vacations with them again! Also took a cruise with my work mate. It was her first cruise, so I did all of the planning for the ports. After the cruise she told me that the places we went were to expensive, and she did not have fun. I was blown away that she did not say this when we were doing them!! So in a nutshell, my daughter and I will never cruise with friends anymore.

I would not cruise with anyone (friends, family, neighbors) unless it was completely understood beforehand that everyone would do their own thing and possibly meet for dinner. When we went on our "family" cruise in 2000 after 7 days we were barely speaking to each other. My mom thought we should be together 24/7 and it just didn't work out.

I think when we did the Connie Goes Crazie cruise it worked out so well because we had a schedule of organized events and everyone had a copy. If you were there - fine and join in the fun - If you weren't no explanations or excuses needed.

Well said I feel the same way

Joe