• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Now Available - Pre and Post Cruise Diets

Rate this topic

Let's face it - We all LOVE to eat on cruises.

That's part of the cruising fun, right? Between the breakfast buffet, late morning snack, lunch, mid-afternoon snack, pre-dinner munchies, dinnertime, post-dinner snacking, room service, and who could forget the midnight buffet and all of those delicious drinks ... We consume much more on a cruise ... And we enjoy every moment of it!

Whether you're looking to start a new diet in preparation for your upcoming cruise, or if you ate way too much while aboard and are looking for a new program to help you lose those extra 'cruise pounds,' there are many diets out there. We have selected and highlighted some of them for you. Check them out:

I always eat healthy and exercise, and allow myself 2-3 cheat meals a week while I'm at home. I avoid fried and salty foods as well as alcohol which is stored as abdominal fat. On a cruise, I eat everything, except alcohol(I don't like it), and train at the gym everyday on the ship. When I return from a cruise, I continue to eat healthy and exercise.

Since I eat so much on the ship, I do cardio for 45 minutes to an hour, and then train with weights for 30 minutes. You can also walk the track outside, use the stairs a lot, or take a class that they offer at the gym. On some port days, I don't make it to the gym since I've walked tons at the port. Don't worry if you're super bloated on a cruise. It is because of all the sodium in their food. It should go down in about a day or 2. So do not weigh yourself the day that you get home.

On a normal training day at home, you should do cardio 30 minutes for 5-6 days a week and then 30 minutes of weights.

Olga, what kind of cardio do you do because you look amazing.When you say 2-3 cheat meals a week, what do you consider cheating- like eating more than usual or really going for it as in all you can eat???