• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

number of formal nites on RCCL

Rate this topic

jobowl

I have cruise on RCCL 8 times. I am reading reviews online that the explorer is having 3 formal nites on 9 days or more. Not a big deal to me but Jackie another story. Did anyone hear this? We always due 9 days or more and have never had 3 formals. We are going on a ten day cruise in Aug. Just wondering if this was true or rumor.

Joe

I have read posts that are saying RCCL (explorer) is now having 3 formal nites on cruises 9 days or longer. Not a big deal to me but Jackie it is. Have anyone heard that 9 days or longer are having 3 formal nites? I know what the RCCL site says just looking for some info from someone who has had this happen. We have a 10 in Aug.

Thanks

Joe

When I call RCCL they tell me normal is 2 formal nites but it is up to the captain. I was hoping that I could find a cruiser who just got off the ship in the last month or so.

Since the website and brochures all say you should expect only two formal nights for anything less than a 14-night cruise on Royal Caribbean, I can’t imagine that anyone will be packing a third formal outfit. I think you’ll be fine planning on two formal nights.

We've only had 2 formal nights. So here's the big question and I know it's a girl thing. But the guys wear the same tux or suit each formal night. Why can't the ladies wear the same outfit? Honestly, you're only in it for a few hours!!!

We've only had 2 formal nights. So here's the big question and I know it's a girl thing. But the guys wear the same tux or suit each formal night. Why can't the ladies wear the same outfit? Honestly, you're only in it for a few hours!!!

I am a coward I won't touch that one. lol