• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

lost luggage

Rate this topic

What happens to lost luggage?

I was on the freedom of the seas last november

& put my luggage out by my cabin door the night before departure

like you do but when i went to pick it up when we got off the boat we could not find it?

We have been calling everyweek to royal caribbean to see if it was found

with no luck? The bag had a diamond ring we got in the bahamas at diamonds international and a painting rolled up that we get on the ship.

both worth a total of $4000. I did not know my mate put them in the bag. She had them in her purse but she felt they would be safer in the big bag?? :sad2: Any idea's

I'm guessing your disembark group sticker fell off? Of course you don't know this or not, I'm just guessing. :smile: The ones that we always get the night before departure are never sticky enough. We actually had two fall off after our previous cruise and had to retrieve the bags from a room at the port that was slap-full of sticker-less bags. Also, with bags all looking so similar to each other, it very well may have been innocently taken by another cruiser, and not noticed until they returned home to their final destination. Sadly some people just aren't honest, and had they found the goodies inside, they wouldn't have returned it. I do know that we had a black Samsonite pulled to the side with our luggage, and didn't realize it wasn't ours until we came across ours in the baggage area. Oops!! The bags were totally identical! After that we started with the bright colored luggage tags tied to the handles.

I'm sorry you lost your purchases! How terrible!

had that happen to us an RCCL mailed the bag to us. One thought I lost a bag flying once and had value in the bag. My home owners cover it. Check it out you might at least get some money back.

Joe

How awful! Can you file an insurance claim for the lost bag? Best of luck to you - I hope it returns. This can be a gentle reminder to all of us to always, always pack our valuables in our carry-on bags.

Oh, frosty. I'm so sorry to read this. Don't give up - keep at them, even if it's just to make you feel better.But, you never know.... I read stories all the time about how things turn up. We don't let them take our luggage on or off, we take it ourselves but then again, we only go for 4 days so our suitcases are small, on wheels. When we used to check our luggage, I had big floppy , fuzzy, orange pompoms that I had attached to the handles of our four pieces of luggage when we cruised with the kids You could see those pompons from a mile away. They really looked ridiculous but it gave me a little piece of mind.

I do like what jobowl and sunluva7 said about filing insurance claims.

Truly a tragic story that amazes me - and it continues to happen.

I know that the airlines hold "auctions" of lost luggage. You purchase it without seeing what's inside.

I'd keep calling, writing, emailing, faxing (all of it). Don't give up!

Dear Frostyboy64,

Since it is now about 7 months later, I doubt that you will see your luggage again. Did you have travel insurance? If so you should have put in a claim months ago. I ALWAYS recommend this to my clients and I have had a number of them that have needed to place claims. My travel agency (I am the CEO) is always there to help my clients through circumstances just like that. My name is my website. Well, look on the bright side...at least it happened when you were on your way home and not at the start of your cruise!