• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Disney Wonder Calls on Hawaii for the First Time

Rate this topic

The Disney Wonder arrived in Honolulu this week, marking the first time in Disney Cruise Line history that a ship has sailed to the Hawaiian Islands. This first of two special Hawaiian itineraries continues an exciting expansion period for Disney Cruise Line.

"We couldn't be more thrilled to combine the legendary guest service of Disney Cruise Line with the breathtaking beauty of the Hawaiian Islands," said Karl Holz, president of Disney Cruise Line. "Hawai'i is one of the world's most extraordinary vacation destinations, offering stunning scenery as well as rich cultural traditions and storytelling. Blending the enchantment of Hawai'i with the magic of Disney is a natural fit."

In keeping with maritime tradition, a special plaque and key ceremony will be held onboard the ship, commemorating the inaugural call of the Disney Wonder on Honolulu. Captain Fabian Dib will be joined by port and community leaders, as well as Elliot Mills, vice president and general manager of Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, at the ceremony.

Cast members from Aulani will also be present, as they greet guests and the crew with "e komo mai," a Hawaiian phrase of welcome. The Kamehameha Schools Children's Chorus will entertain guest and crew as they disembark with both Hawaiian and Disney songs, including some Disney tunes that have been translated into Hawaiian.

The Disney Wonder is currently sailing on a special 15-night cruise that departed Los Angeles, Calif. on April 29. The ship stopped at Hilo, Hawai'i on May 4 and Kahului, Maui on May 5. On May 7, the ship will stop at Nawiliwilil, Kaua'i, giving guests the opportunity to explore four islands during their sailing. In October, the ship will return to Hawai'i for a second time.

The ship will sail seven-night itineraries to Alaska from Seattle, Wash. this summer before heading back to Los Angeles, Calif. to sail seven-night itineraries to the Mexican Riviera in the fall. At the end of the year, the Disney Wonder will reposition to Miami, marking the first time a Disney Cruise Line ship will sail out of Southern Florida.