• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Kid Rock Cruise -- So weird..

Rate this topic

web2carz

Seems to be a new trend. Some cruise lines are trying to come up with ways to attract a younger audience with theme cruises geared to them. I recently read an article on RCCL hosting an upcoming "Barge to Hell" cruise on Majeaty of the Seas - featuring heavy metal. Certainly not something I want to be part of, just as a "metalhead" wouldn't be interested in a "Mozart" cruise. To each their own. As long as the cruise is advertised as such and a person looking for a quiet serene cruise experience doesn't find themselves on such a sailing because no one told them - then I guess it's not a problem. But I agree, this type of theme doesn't fit my idea of a cruise.

It's an interesting concept. I agree with Sunluva, if the cruise is properly advertised as a (whatever themed) cruise, it should be just fine.

My first cruise was on the Mariner of the Seas, and unbeknownst to me was a Cougar cruise! I was 27, married, and traveling with a friend. Wish I'd known ahead of time- my friend and I didn't realize it until we were onboard and the cruise director mentioned it at the departure party. I guess it comes down to the advertising!