• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

2014 Crazie Med Cruise

Rate this topic

RayColey

A Group of us have begun to plan a Mediterranean Cruise for 2014. This is just in the planning stages, but so far we have agreed that:

The cruise should be right at the beginning of summer - early June.

Venice must be among the ports visited.

The cruise should be at least 9 or 10 days, and preferably 2 weeks.

Most of us would like to visit the Amalfi coast, Rome and Florence.

Ideally, the cruise would include a Greek island.

Any more thoughts?

Sounds absolutely lovely and amazing, but the hubby is still in school in early June, so we won't be able to join you. Besides, after our Med. cruise next August on the new Royal Princess, we'll be totally broke! :wacko:

I would not be able to go as we have been there already and even if not I can't get enough time off in the summer anyway. :sad2: As a suggestion for the time what do you think of going later, like early Oct. The weather will be much better, less hot and airfare should be less then as well.

We're looking for a cruise to celebrate Melonie's 50 birthday that year.

Since I don't fly, can I get to these places by train??? LOL!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

If so, we're in :thumbup:

Tim, I will also celebrate my 50th that year, and so will Sharon. I don't think you can take a train to Europe from Long Island, but you may be able to drive. :mellow::unsure::laugh:

The big thing for us, is that my younger son will graduate high school that year, and my older son may graduate college if he cracks down. June is a good time of year for us to cruise, and we've been talking about Europe for awhile.

I'm glad Jan is trying out the new Royal Princess, because I like those itineraries. Hopefully RCI will have some competitive itineraries as well.

Tim, I will also celebrate my 50th that year, and so will Sharon. I don't think you can take a train to Europe from Long Island, but you may be able to drive. :mellow::unsure::laugh:

The big thing for us, is that my younger son will graduate high school that year, and my older son may graduate college if he cracks down. June is a good time of year for us to cruise, and we've been talking about Europe for awhile.

I'm glad Jan is trying out the new Royal Princess, because I like those itineraries. Hopefully RCI will have some competitive itineraries as well.

Kevin, bad advice for Tim. You can drive on the East River, but the car will sink when you hit Long Island Sound. :biggrin:

This will be our 40th anniversary year and maybe.......hopefully.....our retirement year - Whoo Hoo! So we are definitely wanting this to work out. Absolutely want Venice, Rome, Florence....which port for Pompeii? - that one, too and was kind of hoping for Barcelona.....Dubrovnik, anyone? Would love to see a sea day or two thrown in there, too! I've never been anywhere on mainland Europe so I'm pretty open and convincible!

I'm with you, Kevin on RCI - I like their itineraries for this year so odds might be in our favor. I would also consider Celebrity or Princess...maybe even Holland if the deals were good enough!