• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

A cruiser gets bumped due to overbooking

Rate this topic

I read an article stating that a cruiser got bumped from the Majesty of the Seas (I think) out of Florida after booking a guaranteed cabin 10 days prior. I have never, ever heard of anything like this before. I do recall MSC dumping an entire family off one of their ships several yrs. ago and they rebooked a group at a higher rate which is why I would never take MSC but I have never heard of bumping for overbooking. Anyone ever heard of this? :ohmy:

Yes Jacket that was us!! We have never, ever heard of it before - but according to our C & A Ambassador on the Majesty he said he has heard of it before. Not good!!

Well I'll be damned!! They should have arranged a limo to the other port as well. If you drove there did they pay for the gas? Unbelievable!! :thumbdown:

Larry, do you have a link to the article?

Jackie, did you know that you'd made the news?

Kinda, sorta. I don't think I can link it 2/2 the rules here inre to ads as the post has some ads but if you do a google search with the words Royal caribbean bumps passenger majesty of the seas I think you can get it.

Kevin, yes I knew I was going to make the news - because they emailed me a few times to gather information and told me that they (CC editors) were outraged about this happening and I agreed that it would be good to forewarn others that this could happen IF you were forced to book a guarantee close to sailing time. I agreed that they could run the editorial. They wanted to use my real name but I told them no. Of course, the "other" website has so many ###### and "not so nice" people, who can turn an innocent warning editorial into something ugly. I purposely won't respond and lower myself to reply to any of the ugly responses. I am heartened that any are in my "corner" even though the editorial missed the important info that we live in TAMPA - 5-6 hours (depending on traffic flow) from Miami.

Anyhow ....... I am not following or reading the article any more. This is my "home" cruise website - it's just that i had posted about my disappointment both here and there ... well the editors picked it up there because it was something that they could make "news" on!!!

Kevin, yes I knew I was going to make the news - because they emailed me a few times to gather information and told me that they (CC editors) were outraged about this happening and I agreed that it would be good to forewarn others that this could happen IF you were forced to book a guarantee close to sailing time. I agreed that they could run the editorial. They wanted to use my real name but I told them no. Of course, the "other" website has so many ###### and "not so nice" people, who can turn an innocent warning editorial into something ugly. I purposely won't respond and lower myself to reply to any of the ugly responses. I am heartened that any are in my "corner" even though the editorial missed the important info that we live in TAMPA - 5-6 hours (depending on traffic flow) from Miami.

Anyhow ....... I am not following or reading the article any more. This is my "home" cruise website - it's just that i had posted about my disappointment both here and there ... well the editors picked it up there because it was something that they could make "news" on!!!

Sorry to hear of this and I do agree that the "other" site can and does get some really rude people at times. I think its the moderators who are at fault for letting it go on and some of the things they delete vs. letting stand I just don't get.

This is the most friendly site on the www for travel, bar none! :thumbup: