• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

A cruiser gets bumped due to overbooking

Rate this topic

Zebra has been kind enough to share all the details (much more than in article link above), for our own CruiseCrazies news story. Check it out and please share your comments using the link below:

[sharedmedia=forums:topics:47132]

Zebra:

I found your post on cc and saw some decent replies but was dismayed by quite a few of them. It seems there are a lot of pro RCI folks who just can't see a legit issue not matter what it is. Sort of like Wash. DC lobbyists. This happened to me once about a problem we had with Celebrity which I posted there. My review was 99% positive but boy oh boy did the X nuts come out.

Too bad things become so disrespectful at times.

Anyway that's what sets this forum apart.

Cheers, Larry

I'm so sorry that this happened to you. They should have given you more on board credit since you had a longer drive and more expensive parking fees.

A few years ago, Carnival called me 3 days before my cruise to inform me that they had overbooked a 4 day cruise on the Imagination that I had booked for my mother's birthday. They offered us the next voyage the following week which was a 5 day cruise. I wanted to accept it since I was on summer vacation, but my mother couldn't cruise that week because she had to do the closing of the month at her job. They allowed us to stay on the ship and called someone else. They were calling those who live in Miami.

Not really adding anything new but I completely agree. That other website can be so negative. Just read the news article and it really amazes me how ignorant people can be!

Sorry Zebra that this happened and I hope in the end things worked out to your liking!

Not really adding anything new but I completely agree. That other website can be so negative. Just read the news article and it really amazes me how ignorant people can be!

Sorry Zebra that this happened and I hope in the end things worked out to your liking!

So true. Its easy to say those sorts of things over the www, or anonymously really. My bet is face to face such words will not be spoken.

So Zebra...did they give you any compensation or just leave you standing on the Dock as it were?

I suspect the cruise lines can do just about anything and it is covered in the fine print. All of these

Cruise lines operate under Foreign Flags of Covenience but collect US Dollars and there is really if any oversight.