• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise preference. Ship or destination or both

Rate this topic

I always book on Carnival sailing out of Miami since I live 45 minutes away from the port. I book Carnival because they are the most affordable. One year, I was looking for the 3 day weekend cruise. Carnival's price was $299 and NCL Sky was $99 so I booked NCL. That was the only time that I sailed on another line. I would love to sail on RCL, but they are too expensive.

Edited by Gymbrat333

I have to agree that these Mega Ships are way over-priced. I definitely look at ship, itinerary and price as a whole. We love our days at sea so I need to factor that in as well. I wish we lived closer to a port. Currently, air is just as expensive as a per person cruise!

For us, the itinerary is the number one priority. If we were only sailing the Caribe, then the ship would be more important, but there is so much variation in the European ports, we have things that we want to go and see!!

Wow, for us there are a lot of answers to that question:

Sometimes we come across a cruise that’s just such a great value we can’t pass it up regardless of where it goes or what ship it’s on.

If we need a quick weekend getaway the most important things are the date and a convenient departure port.

Sometimes we’ll make our plans around a destination we’ve always wanted to visit (Italy, Greece) or a place we haven’t been to in a while (Alaska, Hawaii).

And sometimes we find ourselves missing a particular cruise line (Avalon Waterways, Celebrity) or looking to try a new one (Oceania).

All in all, we’ve never had a bad cruise – so I guess it all works out regardless of ship or destination!

The itinerary is the number one priority for us, and our Australian airfare is twice the cost of our 12 day cruise there. Our nearest port is Baltimore, but the cruises only sail to the Caribbean. We haven't sailed there in a while, Europe has so many more interesting and fascinating cities to visit.

Wow, for us there are a lot of answers to that question:

Sometimes we come across a cruise that’s just such a great value we can’t pass it up regardless of where it goes or what ship it’s on.

If we need a quick weekend getaway the most important things are the date and a convenient departure port.

Sometimes we’ll make our plans around a destination we’ve always wanted to visit (Italy, Greece) or a place we haven’t been to in a while (Alaska, Hawaii).

And sometimes we find ourselves missing a particular cruise line (Avalon Waterways, Celebrity) or looking to try a new one (Oceania).

Very cool answer.

All in all, we’ve never had a bad cruise – so I guess it all works out regardless of ship or destination!