• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - Excellent Ports

Rate this topic

mercedes

• 2 weeks later...

First off, so great to read your post. I've missed you (and them)

Sorry that the food was such a dissappointment. I know what you mean when you say if he won't eat it, it isn't worthy.

The itinerary was devine. I am so glad that you were able to find the good even though the ship wasn't up to par!

Thanks for your excellent, honest review

Carmen, so sorry your first experience with RCI was on one of the older ships that has not been refurbished .... I hope that you will give them another try on one of their newer beautiful ships. We had a similar dining experience as you had when we cruised on the Majesty of the Seas. The Windjammer manager was from South Africa and we got chatty - I asked why they didn't have as many curries onboard as they had on our Radiance cruise from Sydney. He immediately invisted me to join them and other indians folks who were cruising to a cordoned off area right at the front of the ship ..... apparently they do this when they have a large contingent from India onboard. We grew up on curry - so we were thrilled with the invitation. Great food!!!!!!

Carmen, so sorry your first experience with RCI was on one of the older ships that has not been refurbished .... I hope that you will give them another try on one of their newer beautiful ships. We had a similar dining experience as you had when we cruised on the Majesty of the Seas. The Windjammer manager was from South Africa and we got chatty - I asked why they didn't have as many curries onboard as they had on our Radiance cruise from Sydney. He immediately invisted me to join them and other indians folks who were cruising to a cordoned off area right at the front of the ship ..... apparently they do this when they have a large contingent from India onboard. We grew up on curry - so we were thrilled with the invitation. Great food!!!!!!

Actually Zebra RCI has a dedicated email adress specifically to request Indian food. My wife is from India so whatever line we use we always pre request Indian food and have had no problem getting it. On the Carnival Triumph there was an Indian entree offered on the 1st night. later i met of of the chefs who was Indian and he said they get so many requests for Indian food that they decided to offer a selection on day one just to please their passengers.

On our last cruise on the Connie we got it but the quality and variety was pretty bad actually. Hopefully this time they will be better on the Equinox. The best we've had was on the Star princess. The maitre'd came by every night to be sure we had good quality Indioan food and even took requests for the next day which they basically filled nearly 100%. :thumbup: