• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Have your packing habits changed over time?

Rate this topic

Over time it seems that I bring back a fair amt. of clothes that I did not use. Combine that and the current luggage restrictions and I plan to pack way less and use the ships dry cleaning service if necessary. In 2009 on our NE/Canada cruise I met a family while waiting in embarkation line and as it turned out all they had for luggage was in their carry on bags! The guy said they just use the ships laundry. I 'm not that extreme but I do think packing much lighter is doable. what about you?

Definitely pack less then I used to but always looking for a way to pack better. We have learned to use ships laundry as well particularly on long cruises. We will definitely be using the laundry on our cruise next month since we'll be gone 17 days.

I definitely have picked up helpful packing hints over the years - lining the suitcase in plastic in your luggage is parked in the rain on the tarmac, wrinkle prevention techniques - but I wish I could say that I don't overpack :unsure: . Every cruise or trip, I say I'm going to pack less, and though I really try, I always end up packing too much. In fact, I'm having a particularly tough time with this upcoming cruise in 2 days to the British Isles because of having to pack for all kinds of weather. :blush:

We certainly do pack less than when we first cruised. Lately, we have been doing more cruises that we drive to and then we don't really care how much we bring. Still less than what we used to bring.

WE Pack alot lighter than we used too I roll my clothes real lightly and never get wrinkled and i use the laundry even though i hate to take the time but i do my laundery in between activities

We’ve definitely streamlined our packing over the years – we rarely come home with much that we didn’t actually use. Our best habit though is sharing suitcases! We’ve had a couple of lost or delayed suitcases in the past but it doesn’t even faze us because we each still have half our stuff!

Absolutely! Over the years I've found that less is more. I no longer hesitate to wear an item twice. I don't pack five pairs of shoes and I've learned to have a bag of laundry done midway through the cruise, which cuts way down on the amount of clothes to pack. It's so liberating not to lug so much stuff on a cruise. I still find those packing lists that suggest you bring everything but the kitchen sink, hysterical.