• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Port Canaveral hotels & parking?

Rate this topic

ChrisMorgan

Hey I'm headed to port caneveral for a cruise in october. It looks like the port parking is pretty high, ours would be 90 dollars for a 5 day! Ive been looking around at some pay and park places a bit on the web but havent found anything I like yet. We our going to go to the Cape area a day before our cruise leaves and stay in a hotel. So my questions are:

1. Does anyone know of some good hotel choices close to the port and the beach or on the beach? (we are driving in a day early and hope to get a bit of beach time and watch the cruise ships debark the day before we do)

2. Parking, any ideas on parking? My biggest concern is our car, I have a car that is modified and take to alot of carshows. We usually take this car on our trips because its the most comfortable and enjoyable to drive. Unfortuntely I'm pretty picky about where it can be parked. The lot at the port is garaged so I know it would be out of the elements, but the price seems high to me. The park and pay lots are cheaper but most of them I have seen are rock and have no protection from the elements. So I'm not sure which way to go? Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks

I am not real familiar with hotels and the park and cruise packages they offer. The $15 rate at the port is about right. In New Orleans it is $16 per day.

my understanding its 90$ for a 5 day seems a bit steep!

We've stayed at this one 3 times. They offer free cruise parking and shuttle service, howver the hotel is not on the beach.

Radisson Cape Canaveral

This looks like a nice place thanks for the offering!

• 1 month later...

Too late for the OP, but my understanding is Port Canaveral charges for both the embark and debark days now, at the rate of $15/day. So a 5 day cruise, you pay for the 6 actual days you are there. Kind of a double dipping thing for them, as they get $15 for your car when you leave by 9 or 10 in the morning and then they get another $15 for people who come in the afternoon.

If protected from the elements is important, then you'd need to pay the price at the port to be in the garage. If being parked outside is fine, I would park at th Radisson, who charges something like 6 or 7 bucks a day and shuttles there and back (this is for non guests). And as mentioned, they also have parking packages when you stay there as a guest.

• 2 years later...

My last trip I went to Goportcanaveral.com I actually called them 855-755-4637 and they did everything for me, I needed a shuttle from sanford to the port and of course I wanted to do the ocean front hotel thing and they mapped out my whole itenarary I paid 200 bucks for 2 nights for me and my wife. I did not have to lift a finger, it was awesome.

My last trip I went to Goportcanaveral.com I actually called them 855-755-4637 and they did everything for me, I needed a shuttle from sanford to the port and of course I wanted to do the ocean front hotel thing and they mapped out my whole itenarary I paid 200 bucks for 2 nights for me and my wife. I did not have to lift a finger, it was awesome.

Interesting, we’ll keep it in mind. Thanks!