• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Belize Excursion

Rate this topic

BillHarbin

Hi Bill! We’ve been to Belize three times – snorkeled twice and went cave tubing once – but we have looked at the Mayan ruins excursions. Xunantunich looks like the more extensive ruins but it’s a two-hour bus ride each way. Altun Ha is only 45 minutes on the bus each way but I don’t think those ruins will be quite as impressive. If you pick Altun Ha I would go with the river tour option over the city tour – we drove through the city on our way to cave tubing and it wasn’t much to look at.

These were just the options we saw through Carnival; there might be something else through another tour operator. Have you been to any other Mayan ruins on your previous cruises?

Edited by WeCruiseToo

We went to Belize in 2003. Unfortunately, the ship (Carnival Imagination) was late getting into port and we missed our independent snorkel excursion. My kids were so disappointed. Needless to say, the day was a bust. I want to return someday and give Belize another try and maybe do the ruins this time.

• 4 weeks later...

We've been to Belize twice. It's a tender operation and you need to factor in lots of time waiting on this smelly tender to return to the ship (just a side note) ...

We did not opt for the ruins because of the time factor and cost. We went cave tubing the first time (the best) and did a combination river cruise, jeep (where you drive it), cave exploration excursion. We LOVED it.

Both excursions included lunch and beverages, with alcohol punch on the return trips.

Have a blast!

• 3 weeks later...