• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

First time cruiser

Rate this topic

dooney

Hi there,

My husband and I are seniors and are soon to be first time cruisers. Sailing on RCI Allure of the Seas...Eastern Caribbean.

Nice to meet all of you and I hope to talk with you and especially first timers like us who may be on our ship on that sailing.

I would love tips about dining and booking shows and anything else you'd care to share with us newbies.

Thanks so much!!

Welcome to CruiseCrazies! It is always nice to have a new cruiser on board. We haven't been on the Allure yet but one day we may sail on her. I did tour the ship and she is certainly beautiful. There are many people on the board that has cruised on the Allure, so I am sure all of your questions will be answered. :smile:

Watch out – it’s easy to get hooked on cruising! We sailed aboard Allure of the Seas back in October 2011 and had a fantastic cruise!

The entertainment was unbelievable and it’s definitely worth planning your time so as not to miss any of the shows. Take a look at your itinerary for how long you’re in port and verify what dining time you’ve got, then go online and put in your reservations.

As for dining, our favorite place for breakfast and lunch was the Solarium Bistro – but be sure to try the roast beef sandwich in the Park Café!

Relax and enjoy your vacation! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Have a great cruise!

dooney, from one senior couple to another, welcome aboard to you and your husband! Can't help you with the Allure only to say the ship is bigger than our city!

Enjoy the countdown to your first cruise! You two are destined to become bona fide CruiseCrazies.

• 3 weeks later...