• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Norwegian Breakaway Adding NY Style Hot Dog Carts

Rate this topic

Jan115

I just read an article from USA Today Travel that Norwegian Breakaway, which will be based year round in NYC, will be adding NY City style hot dog carts - three of them. How cool is that! :biggrin:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2012/11/29/norwegian-breakaway-sabrett-hot-dog-carts/1735139/

To make the experience even more New York authentic, I think they should add a roasting chestnut cart, too. :smile:

Edit: Just noticed Jason already posted this news. I'm late, as always!

Edited by sunluva7

Wow, I love that idea. Being from N.Y. originally, the pushcarts were a staple. Somehow the hotdogs always tasted better from the pushcarts than anyplace else, especially with the steam coming out of the sauerkraut in the winter.

• 4 weeks later...

the overall reviews for NCL seem to be getting better and better. I do agree there was a time when I would have never considered taking them but I must say I'm tempted, esp. by this ship. One day if the price and itinerary are in harmony with my universe :laugh: I think I would try them.

the overall reviews for NCL seem to be getting better and better. I do agree there was a time when I would have never considered taking them but I must say I'm tempted, esp. by this ship. One day if the price and itinerary are in harmony with my universe :laugh: I think I would try them.

I wasn't a huge fan of NCL either, but the Breakaway has me excited to give them another shot. I didn't like the Epic design at all, but I like the look of Breakaway, and the hot dog carts are a big plus for getting me on board, too! :smile: