• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Southern Rock Returns To The Seas

Rate this topic

Sarge6870

Fans of "Free Bird" and "Sweet Home Alabama", make a note: The next Southern Rock-themed cruise starring Lynyrd Skynyrd has been set for October 2013.

The seventh annual Simple Man Cruise, as the voyages are called, will take place Oct. 20-24 on Norwegian Cruise Line's 2,394-passenger Norwegian Pearl.

The four-night voyage out of Miami will feature stops in Key West, Fla. and Great Stirrup Cay, Norwegian's private island in the Bahamas.

Designed by music cruise organizer Sixthman, the Southern Rock festival at sea will include a Lynyrd Skynyrd sail-away concert on the Norwegian Pearl's pool deck and a main theater performance by the band, as well as performances by other groups.

A full lineup of performers for the voyage has yet to be set, but in past years the event has included appearances by .38 Special, Molly Hatchet and Blackberry Smoke.

Fares for the sailing start at $700 per person, not including taxes and fees. More information is available online at simplemancruise.com/presale.

SOURCE: USAToday

What? No Creedence, Charlie Daniels, ZZ Top? I need names I can recognize (besides Lynard, that is) LOL!

WHAT Jan??? You never heard of .38 Special (Hold on loosely, Fantasy Girl) or Molly Hatchet (Flirtin' with disaster)? I myself have never heard of Blackberry Smoke.