• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - Family Vacation

Rate this topic

Milz

Congratulations on taking your first cruise, and thanks for sharing your review with us! Sorry the cruise didn't meet your expectations, but the good news is that you can book another so that you have something to compare it to-LOL!

Glad to hear the majority of your cruise was to your liking! I have found over time that NOT every cruise is the same. I have had excellent cruises and less than good cruises. My idea of a bad cruise is when the ship would sink!! :) My sister sailed the Miracle from N.Y. a few years ago and she was not impressed either with the Miracle. Did you do some homework before planning your cruise? There are many reviews across the web that can give you a first hand look at what other passengers that sailed the ship you are planning experienced. Keep in mind when reading these reviews though, there are some people you just can not impress regardless of the cruise!! I usually read the average consensus of the ship/cruise line over the prior year to get the best idea. When it comes to your cabin steward, it sounds like the original steward wasn't assigned to your cabin for some reason and the assignment was thrust upon the new steward at the last moment (hence the old stewards name placard). Please keep in mind, the crew that deals directly with the passengers (cabin stewards, dining room staff etc.) work 12+ hours a day. And everyone has a bad day occasionally. I realize that this may not be a viable excuse for your vacation, but may help you understand a bit better. Finally, as I always recommend to cruisers, send a letter to the cruise line and explain your total cruise experience with them. This affords those crew members that went above and beyond for your cruise recognition and those that failed you, correction of their mistakes. The cruise line will usually send you an incentive in the form of added On-Board discounts or other offers when or if you book with them in the future.

Thanks for sharing your review with us. Sorry that this cruise didn't live up to your expectations, but hope that the next ones all do. My husband and I said we would never go back on Carnival after a bad cruise back in the 1980s, but after a wonderful cruise on the "Liberty" in 2009, we have another one booked on the "Breeze" for this fall, and hope that one is just as good. We are Celebrity fans, but have enjoyed our last cruise on Carnival, so will cruise with some friends on the "Breeze."

• 2 months later...

Also wanted to let you know that you can also try other x websites where you can get valuable information regarding cruises. Google cruise critics and you will find tons of information on different ships, ports, pre-cruise reviews, post-cruise reviews, etc... Sorry your cruise didn't go as planned, but there other Carnival ships, which I am sure you will enjoy. Don't give up on Carnival, it's a great cruise line.