• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Top 10 Romantic Things To Do On Board Carnival’s ‘Fun Ships’

Rate this topic

Jason

Whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day, an anniversary or just being together with your sweetheart, Carnival Cruise Lines is revealing the top 10 romantic things to do during a cruise vacation aboard the line’s 24 “Fun Ships.” From getting married on board to having a pampering couples massage, Carnival creates romantic moments that won’t break the bank, while providing an experience that’s memorable and fun.

With Carnival’s recently announced gift card program, the prepaid cards can be used as payment toward a “Fun Ship” cruise or a wide variety of romantic shipboard or shoreside experiences. The cards are available online at www.carnivalgiftcards.com or aboard all Carnival ships and provide a great way to treat yourself or others to some of the spectacular experiences available.

The top 10 romantic experiences guests can enjoy during a Carnival cruise vacation include:

Take a midnight stroll on deck: Nothing conveys romance like walking hand-in-hand with your sweetheart under a twinkling blanket of stars.

Say “I Do” or celebrate “I Did”: Carnival hosts some 2,600 weddings per year, so imagine the attention to detail of a shipboard or destination wedding. If you just got married, come aboard to celebrate your new life together, and let your friends and family pay for the honeymoon on Carnival’s honeymoon registry.

Indulge in complimentary breakfast in bed: There’s no need to wake up early when you can enjoy a lazy morning with coffee and croissants delivered to your door.

Chill out at the Serenity adults-only retreat area: Take some much-needed couples time at our tranquil “getaway within a getaway” for guests 21 and older. Quietly lounge under an oversized umbrella or take a dip in one of the whirlpools.

Reserve a table for two at the steakhouse: For a nominal charge, dine in Carnival’s elegant on-board steakhouse, our most sophisticated setting, with menus that feature a tantalizing selection of steaks, seafood, gourmet appetizers and an extensive wine list.

Dance the night away: Whether you prefer pulsating music in the dance club, happy-go-lucky tunes by the pool or the smooth sounds of jazz, move in rhythm together on one of the many dance floors on board.

Serenade your sweetheart: Take the mic and make her swoon with a karaoke rendition of “Just the Way you Are” by Billy Joel or take the stage together and duet to “I Got You Babe.”

Book a couples massage at the spa-aaahhh: Lay back, close your eyes and feel the stress sail away as you take time to be pampered together at the ship’s full-service spa.

Snuggle at a Carnival Dive-In Movie: Unwind under the stars in front of an oversized movie screen and enjoy a variety of feature films, cuddle under a blanket and snack on complimentary popcorn.

Send custom-designed flower arrangements and chocolates: It doesn’t have to be Valentine’s Day for you to send your sweetheart a beautiful bouquet or sweet treat from Cherry on Top, our candy-and-more store.

Source: Carnival Cruise Lines

Re-posted on CruiseCrazies.com - Cruise News, Articles, Forums, Packing List, Ship Tracker, and more

http://www.cruisecrazies.com

View full article

We have done many of these, as well. Especially memorable was my husband David's rendition of "close to you" by the carpenters at karaoke night. Let me stress that my husband is a very fine musician and music educator, but voice is not his forte. This karaoke was, of course, in the very wrong key for him. The resulting serenade was, well ... pretty awful. Fortunately, our daughter who IS a trained vocalist followed up with something to make everyone forget what they just heard-LoL!

So, yes, true love is alive and well at sea!

Chrissy and I had renewed our vows on the Carnival Triumph about 5 years ago. The cruise had the same EXACT itinerary as we had on the Carnival Celebration for our honeymoon in 1990! There are variations to the renewal packages but ours included a ceremony performed by the Captain, a 3 tier cake, champagne toast, a hostess,video and pictures. We had invited a couple we had met on a previous cruise to "Stand Up" for us. Carnival tried to get us to upgrade our package to one that was about $1200 but we refused, yet got all named above. Our package cost was $500. I would recommend the renewal of vows on Carnival! :thumbup:

Awww, Jan, that was so sweet of him, voice or no voice.

Sarge, that is so romantic- to renew the vows.

We've done just 3 of the above, the midnight stroll, danced away the night many times and the Serenity pool but we've also found other ways of being romantic aside from those above. :wink2: :wink2:

:wink2:

Jan and Tim, you hit on the two things we haven’t done yet! Serenade (not gonna happen) and vow renewal (we’ll definitely do that one day).

They don’t call ‘em “The Love Boat” for nothing! (Yeah, I know this article is about Carnival, not Princess, but I just couldn’t resist!)