• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

How do you rate Carnival's compensation for Triumph passengers?

Rate this topic

Jason

tent-city.png

It started off as a wonderful cruise vacation with unlimited food, sun, and fun aboard the Carnival Triumph. However the cruise vacation for thousands quickly turned into a "Cruise From Hell" after a fire in the engine room disabled most of the ship's power.

At the time of this message, Carnival has announced they are compensating each passenger with a full refund, their transportation home, and $500. Some poll questions:

• Is this enough?
  • What do you think each passenger should be entitled?
  • Do you anticipate any class action lawsuits?

I'm okay with the full refund and the transport home. But $500 is not nearly enough compensation for the humiliation of having to eliminate into a plastic baggie, and otherwise endure horrible and unsanitary conditions.

A future cruise would be a nice gesture from Carnival, as well - or the monetary equivalent of same so these folks who are not totally turned off to Carnival may choose a cruise on another line.

I feel really bad for the first-time cruisers (or, even worse - honeymooners!) who had to suffer through this nightmare. I imagine it would be their first - and last - cruise.