• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carnival Freedom

Rate this topic

Hey! I'm leaving on the Carnival Freedom in a couple weeks does anyone know if any Ft. Lauderdale hotels offer port parking discounts?

In Oct we stayed at the best western hotel near port Caneveral and the hotel offered us a voucher for cheaper parking at the port instead of 15 it was 8 dollars a day.

http://www.bestwesterncocoabeach.com/embed/bw2.html

Thanks!

Thanks so much yes that is helpful. We have only flew in and out of Ft Lauderdale but because the prices of flights and not many direct flights anymore from our home city. It has become more economical to drive even though it will take alot longer... like instead of a 2 hour flight it will take 18 hour drive time not including stops! But price wise around 600 round trip including hotels and gas, lowest flight I could find was almost 1400$ and that was with multiple planes and long layovers... Shoot just a few years ago I could fly for under 400$ for both of us. Thanks again!

Yikes ... $1400. Was that per person, coach?

I don't know if it helps where you're flying in from but Southwest has a promo right now starting at $59 one way.

Look at it this way - you'll build in a pre- and post-cruise road trip!

Sometimes getting to the ship is more complicated and expensive than the cruise itself.

Also - I noticed your cruise is this month, so prices at this stage of the game for air will be through the roof not to mention college spring break season will sky rocket those prices.

Check Southwest, but seats for March are probably gone.

Enjoy your road trip!

thanks for the advice yup I always check southwest. they were 1400 for the 2 of us. the other flights werent even worth mentioning. most other flights are worse than southwest requiring some over night layovers because we are no longer a main hub so they route you thru chicago, texas, south carolina or some other out of the way place on your way to florida. to be honest Im a little bit of a larger guest so southwest tends to scare me the way they sometimes charge double seats for larger guest as you are preparing to board the plane and left with no option but to pay double. This happened to a friend of mine on his way back from las vegas. had no issues on his way there just on the way back... So im a little nervous to fly southwest always wondering if they are gonna come grab me and tell me im to big!!! I can put both arms rest down with no issue, but thats always in the back of your mind until the planes starts to pull off... thanks again for the help!!!

St louis Mo area, we used to be a major international hub and when american bought out TWA they said it would always be that way. Then a few years later it all changed they layed off tons of people and moved the main hub. now just about any flight goin out of st louis goes to another stop before you can get to where your going unless your willing to pay an extreme price! Our main airline now is southwest, they have good prices to close places like chicago or kansas city under 300 each person but shoot you can drive to either in under 5 hours.

Chris,

In that case, could you cut your 18-hour drive down to 5 by driving to Chicago or Kansas City and flying the rest of the way, maybe even non-stop?

By the way, my husband is a big man. He is losing but currently still brings his own seatbelt extender. He has never had an issue or been required to buy an extra seat on SW or any other airline. I sit next to him in the middle seat so a stranger doesn't have to compete with shoulder room, and when he travels alone - seat mates have never complained - at least not aloud.

Air travel has become such a headache!