• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Upcoming Member Cruise - Carnival Sunshine

Rate this topic

The last few times we were in Cozumel we headed right to Nachi-Cocum. It's a lovely all inclusive day with lounge chairs - palapas - nice beach and lovely pool and hot tub. Lunch and drinks are included either on the patio or right on the beach. Food and drinks are good - service is great and clean changing facilities make for a nice day. Under $15 cab ride to the beach. Well worth the money and not quite as crowded as some of the other beaches.

We’ve been to Cozumel ten times and our favorite place to go is Paradise Beach! About $12 total for the cab ride to the beach. $2 per person for lounge chairs, beach umbrellas and use of the facilities – including a beautiful huge pool and free wi-fi! $12 per person if you want unlimited access to snorkel gear, kayaks, floating mats, giant inflated water toys and lots more. Very attentive service with reasonably priced drinks and snacks – the margaritas are delicious!

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone is going on the Sunshine for March 30th, 2014, please know that I am organizing a Meet and Greet. Please provide me with your first name and how many is in your party (# adults - # children). Thank you.

Yes, I know I'm doing this early, but it's my way of staying busy until it's time for us to leave!! :rolleyes2:

• 1 month later...

So now I have some good news and some bad news...here's the good news first. DH and I will be purchasing our first home hopefully this year. I'm sure you all understand what that means $$$$$$$, so on that note, here's the bad news...we will have to push out our cruise. Instead of going March 30th 2014, we are now on the Carnival Dream for August 31, 2014. I'm a little bummed because I have to wait several more months, but then when I think about our new home, I quickly get over being upset.

Anyone going on the Carnival Dream during that time? I believe the itinerary for that cruise is: Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan; Belize; Cozumel. Haven't been to any of these ports, so I am looking forward to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Carol. I've been on the "Dream" and did the same exact itinerary you are doing. Hope you got a Cove Balcony, their great and close to the water with a lot of privacy!! In Mahogany Bay, the beach near the port is awesome. We rented a cabana on the private beach. Between the 4 of us, the cost was $50 each ($200 total). On the private beach, you have waiter service for all your needs, an air conditioned cabana that looks like a living room, hammocks and more. When in Cozumel, be sure to visit Paradise Beach, a co-sponsor and member of the site where I held my live chat session online back in May. You can read my review of Paradise Beach here on the site and also view a video interview I did the day we were there. Be sure to email them prior to going and tell them you are a Cruise Crazies member and they WILL take good care of you!!! As for Belize, not much to say but I was not impressed by my past visits there. You'll enjoy the Dream, it's a wonderful ship.

• 3 months later...

I will be on the Sunshine in 19 days. Anyone have a particular photo requests? I am in a cat 9C Wrap balcony of deck 8. my parents are in the 8M next to us on the stern and daughter and grandson in an inside across the hall. Cabins 8333, 8335 and 8331. I will pics of those cabins. Let me know if you have a request and I will do my best to get pics. Anything else you need, let me know and I will try to help you out.

Edited by CaroleB

Carol.... I was highly disappointed in Jamaica... they had a charge to go out on the beach so we went to Margaritaville and had a drink and saw the beach... Loved Grand Cayman... Seven Mile Beach is beautiful!!! Cozumel is wonderful as well... Next time I go on a cruise to Jamaica.. I will stay on the boat and go to the spa or the Serenity Deck....

OOPS... didn't see the post about not getting to go on the Sunshine... sorry you aren't going on it... We are booked on it out of Port Canaveral in May 2014...

Have fun on the Dream and best wishes for the new home...

Edited by Karen55